Hunting Licence Fee Freeze
Friday, January 11, 2019 7:24:00 PM
Ontario's Government for the People is making life more affordable by putting a stop to hunting licence fee increases for all Ontario residents and removing the $2 service fee.
"We're making it easier for Ontarians to enjoy the great outdoors by keeping hunting licences affordable," said John Yakabuski, Minister of Natural Resources and Forestry. "This year, there will be no price hike and no service fee. This will put approximately $1.6 million back into the pockets of the hard-working people of Ontario."
In addition to freezing fees, the government has updated hunting regulations to make things better for hunters across the province. These changes include a new Licence Summary that can be stored on a mobile device or printed at home, paper tags that replace the old game seals and enhanced hunter reporting.
"The hunting industry contributes nearly half a billion dollars to the Ontario economy," said Minister Yakabuski. "Our hunters are some of the best stewards of our lands and waters and we want to make it easier for them to enjoy our world class natural resources."
For more information on hunting in Ontario, please visit: https://www.ontario.ca/pa....
Ontario's Government for the People also recently froze fishing licence fees and added two new licence-free fishing events in 2019 on the weekends of Mother's Day and Father's Day. For more information, please visit: https://www.ontario.ca/fi....
_ Hunting is worth over $431 million in Ontario.
_ Ontario’s Government for the People is saving Ontarians approximately $4.3 million by freezing fishing and hunting licence fees and removing service fees.
_ Ontario’s new Fish and Wildlife Licensing Service can be used to get hunting and fishing licensing products.
SOURCE: Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
- Related materials:
- 10-Jan-2019 08:38 PM CES 2019: Stream TV Unveils 8K "Lite" Glasses-Free 3D 27" PC Monitor
- 10-Jan-2019 05:17 PM CES 2019: LG Styler Heralds Future of Total Clothing Care
- 10-Jan-2019 04:35 PM CES 2019: SKYWORTH Wins 4 Awards
- 09-Jan-2019 08:05 PM CES 2019: Skyworth Unveils the Future of Intelligent Living
- 09-Jan-2019 04:07 PM CES 2019: BlackBerry Empowers the Electronics Industry to Build IoT Devices Consumers Can Trust
- 09-Jan-2019 03:36 PM CES 2019: Mercedes-Benz Vans. Vision URBANETIC shows the future of human-machine interaction
- 09-Jan-2019 11:05 AM CES 2019 : BlackBerry's World's First Safe and Secure Digital Cockpit Solution
- 09-Jan-2019 01:11 AM CES 2019: HYPERVSN Unveils First Phase of Interactive 3D Holographic Technology
- 08-Jan-2019 06:15 PM CES 2019: BlackBerry Survey Finds Consumers Don't Trust Connected Devices
- 08-Jan-2019 02:17 PM CES 2019: HTC VIVE Teams Up With Mozilla To Bring VR Web Browser To Market
- 08-Jan-2019 12:05 PM CES 2019: HTC VIVE Evolves Premium VR Portfolio With New HW, Unlimited SW Subscription, And Content
- 08-Jan-2019 10:34 AM CES 2019: Meditation Studio Releases "Goodnight Kiddo" and "Deep Sleep" Meditation Collection
- 08-Jan-2019 09:22 AM CES 2019: Mercedes-Benz World Premiere of a Design Icon
- 08-Jan-2019 08:00 AM CES 2019: LG Ushers in the TV of Tomorrow With World's First Rollable OLED TV