M/V Riva Wind and M/V Arizona Both Sail from Ukraine with 105,000 Tons of Grain
Sunday, 07 August 2022 12:00.PM
Harvest Commodities' ship, M/V Riva Wind, has departed from the Port of Odessa, Ukraine with 50,000 tons of grain, and the second ship, M/V Arizona, has left the Port of Chornomorsk, Ukraine with 55,000 tons of grain. The grain belongs to a joint venture between Harvest Commodities SA and Indonesia's Arsari Group. The joint venture is through PT Comexindo International.
The ships are among the first commercial shipments from Odessa since the outbreak of conflict on 24th February 2022. Their safe passage was made possible as a result of the tireless efforts and agreement between the United States, Russian, Ukrainian, Turkish and Indonesian governments, as well as the United Nations.
"I would like to congratulate the collaboration among the leadership of the United States, Russia, Ukraine, Indonesia and Türkiye (formerly known as Turkey) for finding enough common ground so that they have an aligned vision to alleviate the global food shortage," said Gaurav Srivastava, Chairman of Harvest Commodities SA. "I hope this can be a first step toward deescalation of the conflict"
"I also especially want to thank the captains and crews of both ships, who have been waiting on their ships since February 2022 in Ukraine. Getting the ships out of the Odessa Harbour, which has been heavily mined, is an act of great bravery and skill." The ships are headed for Türkiye (formerly known as Turkey).
Also, two additional ships are picking up grain owned by Harvest Commodities from Novorossiysk, Russia — the M/V Shark with 25,000 tons of grain and the M/V Bronco with 10,000 tons of grain.
Mr. Srivastava said, "Given the fact that Indonesia is the president of the G20, Arsari Chairman Hashim Djojohadikusumo and I share a common vision to support the initiative for the food program both from Russia and Ukraine. We are honoured to be doing this work together."
This is the first of many shipments where the joint venture PT Comexindo International purchases grain from Russian and Ukrainian farmers and sells it to international buyers.
Harvest Commodities SA is an international merchant and distributor of agricultural product focused on matching supply and demand, managing the supply chain, and creating value through personalized logistics, financial, and risk mitigation services. It has operations in Los Angeles, USA/Moscow, Russia/ Kyviv, Ukraine/Geneva, Switzerland/Jakarta, Indonesia
PT Comexindo International, formerly known as PT Prima Comexindo, a member of Arsari Group, has been active in international trading since 1986, especially in countries including Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, the former Yugoslavia, Africa and Southeast Asia.
SOURCE Harvest Commodities SA
- 19-Nov-2022 09:00 PM Statement - 2022 Leaders' Declaration
- 02-Nov-2022 02:33 PM TIU Canada Donates Generators & Humanitarian Aid to Ukraine
- 29-Aug-2022 02:13 PM Canada Supporting Humanitarian Relief Efforts in Ukraine
- 24-Aug-2022 12:34 PM Statement by the Prime Minister on Ukrainian Independence Day
- 23-Aug-2022 12:00 PM Prime Minister Announces Additional Support For Ukraine
- 29-Jul-2022 04:33 PM City Of Toronto Donating Four Vehicles To Aid Ukraine
- 25-Jul-2022 12:00 PM Upcoming Event: Ukraine And Me Determines To Help Ukraine
- 18-Jul-2022 10:14 AM JOBS Ukrainian Refugees Find Employment In Ontario, Canada Through Joblio Platform
- 05-Jul-2022 10:00 AM Over 20 companies join Tent Coalition for Refugees in Canada pledging to create economic opportunity for refugees
- 27-Jun-2022 02:22 PM Prime Minister announces additional sanctions in support of Ukraine
- 23-Jun-2022 02:43 PM Prime Minister Trudeau announces Canadian support to address global food security crisis
- 02-Jun-2022 10:49 PM Rap With Vice Prime Minister of Ukraine to Ask for More Crypto Donations
- 02-Jun-2022 05:16 PM Financial assistance now available for Ukrainians in Canada
- 29-May-2022 12:00 PM Canada welcomes second charter flight for Ukrainians in Montréal
- 23-May-2022 08:40 PM Canada welcomes first federal charter flight for Ukrainians in Winnipeg
- 01-May-2022 08:00 AM IC Savings announces $120,000 donation in support of Ukraine
- 28-Apr-2022 12:00 PM Centennial College earmarks $110,000 annually to assist students escaping war-torn nations
- 18-Apr-2022 10:22 AM New Cancer Information Resources for People of Ukraine from NCCN
- 12-Apr-2022 04:20 PM Budget 2022 Canada’s Leadership in the World
- 12-Apr-2022 10:23 AM Canada imposes additional sanctions on Russian defence sector
- 10-Apr-2022 08:00 AM Pink Floyd - Hey Hey Rise Up (feat. Andriy Khlyvnyuk of Boombox) (Official Lyrics Video)
- 09-Apr-2022 10:27 PM Stand Up For Ukraine: 9.1 billion euros ($12.4 billion) pledged in support of internally displaced and refugees
- 09-Apr-2022 09:25 PM Prime Minister co-convenes the Stand Up for Ukraine pledging event
- 09-Apr-2022 08:00 AM Toronto stands with Ukraine and prevents future contracts sanctioned by the Government Canada
- 08-Apr-2022 08:00 AM Mayor and Deputy Mayor of Kyiv address Toronto City Council and call for an end to the invasion of Ukraine
- 02-Apr-2022 04:38 PM Canada expands settlement support for Ukrainians coming to Canada
- 28-Mar-2022 10:23 AM ICRC asks Canada not to mix Ukraine aid promises with military support, sanctions
- 26-Mar-2022 08:00 AM The impact of the war in Ukraine is already being felt on the boating industry
- 21-Mar-2022 08:00 AM Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel
- 20-Mar-2022 10:22 AM Canada launches new temporary residence pathway to welcome those fleeing the war in Ukraine
- 16-Mar-2022 02:25 PM Ukrainians Want To Stay and Fight But Don't See Russians as the Enemy, New Lord Ashcroft Poll Finds
- 13-Mar-2022 06:29 PM Unprecedented initiative for Ukrainian refugees by the Sectoral workforce committee dedicated to metallurgy
- 13-Mar-2022 04:50 PM How businesses and Canadians can help Ukraine
- 10-Mar-2022 08:00 AM The Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD) Responds to the Crisis in Ukraine
- 09-Mar-2022 06:12 PM Russian Invasion Landing in Toronto
- 09-Mar-2022 04:36 PM Prime Minister participates in successful visit to Germany
- 08-Mar-2022 02:35 PM MDA To Provide Satellite Imagery For International Efforts In Ukraine
- 05-Mar-2022 02:25 PM Canada to welcome those fleeing the war in Ukraine
- 04-Mar-2022 02:26 PM Targeting of Ukrainian Cultural Sites an Attempt To Erase Its National Exitance
- 30-Sep-2011 01:55 PM «Mandry» at the Ukrainian Festival Toronto 2011
- 22-Sep-2011 06:31 PM 2011 Ukrainian Festival Toronto. Mandry Band (HD, images)
- 20-Sep-2011 01:54 PM «Mandry» at the Ukrainian Festival Toronto 2011
- 24-Sep-2010 10:26 PM 2010 Toronto Ukrainian Festival. Mad Heads XL (HD, images)
- 24-Sep-2010 12:30 AM 2010 Ukrainian Festival: Mad Heads XL
- 15-Oct-2009 11:28 PM 2009 Ukrainian Festival Toronto. Haydamaky Concert (HD, images)
- 15-Oct-2009 11:28 PM 2009 Toronto Ukrainian Festival. Evening Concert (HD, images)
- 15-Oct-2009 11:27 PM 2009 Ukrainian Festival Toronto #4 (HD, images)
- 15-Oct-2009 10:48 PM 2009 Toronto Ukrainian Festival #3 (HD, images)
- 15-Oct-2009 09:31 PM 2009 Toronto Ukrainian Festival #2 (HD, images)
- 15-Oct-2009 09:30 PM 2009 Ukrainian Festival Toronto #1 (HD, images)
- 03-Oct-2009 02:41 AM 2009 Ukrainian Festival: Haydamaky (NewCa.com Intreview)
- 02-Oct-2009 01:13 AM 2009 Ukrainian Festival: Evening Concert
- 01-Oct-2009 02:12 AM 2009 Ukrainian Festival: Day Concert
- 30-Sep-2009 12:15 PM 2009 Ukrainian Festival: Haydamaky, Ukrainе