COVID-19 Ontario Takes Steps to Keep Food on the Table during COVID-19
05-Apr-2020 08:00 AM
- New online portal connects employers with workers looking to make a difference. - In order to ensure grocery store shelves remain full and families have food on the table during the COVID-19 outbreak, the Government of Ontario is launching a new web portal, connecting workers with employers looking to fill positions in the agri-food sector. This ...
COVID-19 City of Toronto enforcement blitz ramps up across Toronto
04-Apr-2020 04:12 PM
The City of Toronto continues to respond to the COVID-19 emergency. As of today, the City’s Emergency Operations Centre has been mobilized for 25 days, working with Toronto Public Health, City divisions, and emergency responders to slow the spread of the virus and keep our community safe and healthy. Toronto Public Health is reporting there are ...
COVID-19 Ontario Protecting Vulnerable Ontarians During COVID-19 Outbreak
04-Apr-2020 10:10 AM
As part of the Government of Ontario’s efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, the province is investing up to $40 million to support organizations that provide residential services for children and youth, people with developmental disabilities and emergency shelters for women and families fleeing domestic violence. The COVID-19 Residential ...
COVID-19 What you need to know about the Canadian Emergency Wage Subsidy
04-Apr-2020 08:00 AM
To help businesses hold on to their employees, the federal government is providing, for up to three months, a temporary wage subsidy equal to 75% for the first $58,700 of salary, up to a maximum $847 per week. All businesses – the number of employees on the payroll doesn’t matter – that have seen revenue drop by 30% or more relative to the ...
COVID-19 Ontario Protecting Seniors in Retirement Homes During COVID-19 Outbreak
03-Apr-2020 12:00 PM
Today, Christine Elliott, Deputy Premier and Minister of Health, and Raymond Cho, Minister for Seniors and Accessibility, issued the following statement addressing concerns regarding staffing for retirement homes during the COVID-19 outbreak: "As the province takes decisive action to safeguard the health and safety of Ontarians, we are taking ...
COVID-19 India police get drones for surveillance during COVID-19 lockdown
03-Apr-2020 10:00 AM
- Cyient Provides Drone-Based Surveillance Technology to support Cyberabad Police in implementing COVID-19 Lockdown. - Cyient, a global engineering and technology solutions company, announced that it has been providing Cyberabad Police with drone-based surveillance technology to help implement the COVID-19 related lockdown in Hyderabad. The ...
COVID-19 Flato Supporting Ontario communities in the fight against COVID-19
02-Apr-2020 08:22 PM
The COVID-19 pandemic has put a significant strain on all healthcare institutions and hospitals resulting in an increased need for donations to help protect workers. As a response to this crisis, the team at Flato Developments, a builder and land developer of commercial and residential communities, has begun distributing personal protective ...
COVID-19 Mayor Tory signs emergency order encouraging physical distancing in parks and pub
02-Apr-2020 07:00 PM
Today, Mayor John Tory signed an emergency order regulating physical distancing in City of Toronto parks and public squares. Any two people who don't live together, who fail to keep two metres of distance between them in a park or public square, will be subject to prosecution and will be liable for a fine of up to $5,000 upon conviction. The City ...
LG Announces Award Winning 2020 Home Entertainment Lineup is Coming to Canada
02-Apr-2020 06:11 PM
- LG's 2020 Lineup of OLED and NanoCell TVs Offers Quality and Performance. - LG Electronics Canada (LG), the world leader in OLED TVs, is raising the bar on the home entertainment experience in Canada. Today, LG announced its premium AI ThinQ powered TV lineup featuring OLED and NanoCell TVs. Led by the 88" ZX LG SIGNATURE OLED TV, the first 8K ...
COVID-19 Physician poll reveals lack of masks and supplies much starker than portrayed
02-Apr-2020 04:12 PM
- Physician poll reveals lack of masks and supplies much starker than portrayed; health providers at risk today - CMA. - The Canadian Medical Association (CMA) is calling for urgent action to address the lack of supply of personal protective equipment (PPE) for health providers across the country. In a rapid poll conducted by the CMA this week, ...
COVID-19 OPG 3D printers producing face shields to protect health-care workers
02-Apr-2020 03:49 PM
Ontario Power Generation (OPG) is utilizing 3D printing technology to produce plastic face shields to address the pressing need for personal protective equipment (PPE) for frontline health-care workers during the COVID-19 pandemic. The company has partnered with Ontario Tech University in Oshawa to fast-track the production of this vital piece of ...
Canadian Equity Crowdfunding Launch For Groundbreaking Micro-Needle Technology
02-Apr-2020 01:22 PM
- Company has potential to solve large scale vaccination delivery issues to underserved populations worldwide, removing the negatives of sharp disposal, dosage, and pain. - PKA SoftTouch Corp. of Lakefield, ON, www.pkasofttouch.com, today launched a public equity crowdfunding campaign for its globally patented groundbreaking Micro-needle ...
COVID-19 Health Canada Grants Emergency Use Authorization for N8 CeraShield™ Tubes
02-Apr-2020 12:00 PM
- Health Canada Grants Emergency Use Authorization for N8 Medical CeraShield™ Endotracheal Tubes in Mechanically Ventilated COVID-19 Patients. - Evaluating potential for reduction of secondary bacterial infections and mechanical ventilation days to improve patient outcomes and optimize use of scarce ventilators. - N8 Medical, LLC (N8 Medical) ...
COVID-19 TRADER Remote Selling Suite to help Canadian auto dealers
02-Apr-2020 10:03 AM
- TRADER Corporation launches new Remote Selling Suite to help Canadian dealers immediately mobilize online operations amidst COVID-19. - Remote sales tools allow dealers to facilitate customer interactions digitally in response to unprecedented market conditions. - TRADER Corporation, Canada's leading digital automotive solutions provider, today ...
COVID-19 The race to build more ventilators
01-Apr-2020 06:18 PM
- Canadian startups are playing a vital role, quickly pivoting to ramp up production of much-needed medical equipment.. - The various teams at startup TransPod are normally busily working on aerospace engineering, designing high-speed vehicles that will travel over 1,000 km/h. But, after seeing how the COVID-19 pandemic impacted colleagues in ...
COVID-19 Scientists, entrepreneurs, gamers are working to stop the spread of COVID-19
01-Apr-2020 04:03 PM
It — somehow — hasn’t even been three months since the novel coronavirus was first identified, after dozens of people fell ill in Wuhan, China. But in that short time, scientists and researchers have worked at warp speed to understand the disease it causes: Already, nearly 30,000 studies have been conducted on COVID-19, examining everything from ...
COVID-19 Ontario Joins Forces with the Private Sector to Fight COVID-19
01-Apr-2020 02:18 PM
- New $50 million Ontario Together Fund will support the development of essential equipment and supplies.- To stop the spread of COVID-19 and keep people safe, the Ontario government is launching a new $50 million Ontario Together Fund to help businesses provide innovative solutions or retool their operations in order to manufacture essential ...
COVID-19 How Cleanslate UV is sanitizing miblie devices using UV light
01-Apr-2020 12:00 PM
According to the University of Arizona, smartphones carry 10 times more bacteria than toilet seats. Luckily, startup CleanSlate UV has invented a machine that kills 99.9 percent of infectious bacteria on mobile devices using UV light. It’s even more useful for hospital staff looking to clean stethoscopes, badges and other gadgets that come in ...
COVID-19 Identification Required if Charged with Breaching an Emergency Order
31-Mar-2020 10:00 PM
- Public Required to Identify Themselves if Charged with Breaching an Emergency Order During the COVID-19 Outbreak. - People who are being charged with an offence under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act (EMCPA) will be required to identify themselves if asked by a provincial offences officer, which includes police officers, First ...
COVID-19 Ontario Extends School and Child Care Closures
31-Mar-2020 02:09 PM
- Ontario Extends School and Child Care Closures to Fight Spread of COVID-19. - Province announces second phase of Learn at Home to support continuity of learning. - Due to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 outbreak, the Ontario government announced that schools and child care centres will remain closed to protect the health and safety of students and ...
COVID-19 Ontario Supports Postsecondary Students During COVID-19
31-Mar-2020 12:00 PM
- Ontario Enabling Students to Complete the Academic Year, Offering Loan Payment Deferrals and Financial Support for Institutions. - The government of Ontario is easing the financial burden on students and making sure they can complete their studies during the COVID-19 outbreak by temporarily deferring payments for Ontario Student Assistance ...
2020 Toronto Zoo Walkthrough. Winter Wonderland
30-Mar-2020 11:12 PM
Discover the beauty of the winter zoo. In this video you will find amazing encounters with animals that are not afraid of the winter cold. Wolves and polar bears, arctic foxes and otters, tigers and red pandas, deers and mountain sheeps, bisons and snow leopards .... What could be better than walking on a frosty sunny day at one of the best zoos ...
COVID-19 City of Toronto closing playgrounds and other parks amenities to stop the spread
25-Mar-2020 04:20 PM
Today, the City of Toronto announced that all City-owned playgrounds, sports fields, basketball and tennis courts, off-leash dog parks, skateboard and BMX parks, picnic areas, outdoor exercise equipment and other parks amenities, as well as parking lots attached to its parks system, will be closed effective immediately, in the City’s continuing ...
COVID-19 Tech leaders appeal to government for greater support
25-Mar-2020 10:30 AM
- More than 200 tech CEOs have sent a letter to the federal government appealing for more measures to help them weather the fallout from the pandemic. - Canada’s technology sector — which has contributed greatly to Canada’s strong economy and provides high-paying jobs for workers across the country — is at risk from the COVID-19 pandemic. The tech ...