Emergency Response Training Exercise to Take Place at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport the evening of October 19
18-Oct-2019 02:21 PM
- Simulation will involve sirens and emergency personnel onsite that may be visible to the public. Related activities will test security procedures at the airport. - Between 9:00 p.m. and midnight on October 19, 2019, PortsToronto will conduct an emergency training exercise at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport. This routine full-scale training ...
2019 Monarch Butterflies' Mini Paradise
12-Oct-2019 08:00 AM
The monarch is one of the most recognizable and strikingly beautiful species of butterfly. Each fall eastern North American monarch population set out on an incredible 5,000-kilometre journey to their wintering sites to Florida and Mexico, where they cluster together from late October through March. It’s one of the world’s longest insect ...
2019 Seabin Project in Toronto's Inner Harbour
10-Oct-2019 08:45 PM
Following the success of this summer's Seabin Pilot Program at Toronto's Outer Harbour Marina, PortsToronto is launching phase two of the project in Toronto's inner harbour. Increasing plastic production, coupled with poor waste management practices and the lack of proper recycling infrastructures, is seriously threatening the sustainability and ...
Liberty Defense to Test HEXWAVE at Canada's Largest Airport, Toronto Pearson
05-Oct-2019 10:12 AM
Liberty Defense Holdings Ltd., a leading concealed weapons detection solutions company, is announcing that it has signed a collaboration agreement ("CoA") with the Greater Toronto Airports Authority ("GTAA") to beta test HEXWAVE. GTAA operates Toronto Pearson International Airport in Mississauga, west of Toronto in Ontario, Canada. Toronto Pearson ...
Duuo launches Rent-my-Stuff, Canada's first peer-to-peer rental insurance
05-Oct-2019 08:00 AM
(The Co-operators) - Today, Duuo, a digital insurance brand created by The Co-operators, announced its launch of Rent-my-Stuff Insurance, Canada's first on-demand digital insurance for peer-to-peer sharing platforms. Now available through Traveling Munchkin, a Canadian platform that allows parents to find and rent baby gear from local families, ...
Province Brands of Canada Granted Health Canada Cannabis Research License
04-Oct-2019 06:32 PM
- Targets 2020 Launch of World's First Fermented Beverages Brewed from Cannabis. - Province Brands of Canada's co-located subsidiary, Evolved Canna-Innovation Labs, today announced that it has received its research and development license from Health Canada. The license permits an in-house pharmacology and pharmacokinetics laboratory and cannabis ...
Study reveals on-line video continues to grow, may be an extension of the TV era
04-Oct-2019 04:45 PM
- Thirteenth annual Digital Marketing Pulse Survey provides actionable insights for Canadian marketers. - Ipsos Canada, Vizeum Canada and the Canadian Marketing Association (CMA) today released key findings from the 13th annual Digital Marketing Pulse Survey, which tracks levels of familiarity and usage of various digital marketing tactics among ...
Hollywood, DIY And Social Media Popular Inspirations For Costume Choice, According To Value Village® Annual Halloween Survey
04-Oct-2019 02:21 PM
- This year, the perfect costume is less about perfectionism and more about personalization. - (Value Village) - Canadians love Halloween and a unique costume is a must-have for a Hallowinning celebration. But dressing up for Halloween this year involves more than just looking good; there are a number of personal considerations including ...
Crisis of Food Insecurity in Canada is '#unCanadian'
04-Oct-2019 12:00 PM
- Over 4 million Canadians lack reliable access to healthy food. - Maple Leaf Foods and the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security ("the Centre") today launched a campaign aimed at raising awareness and further political action to provide food security for all Canadians. As part the #unCanadian campaign, three new compelling video ...
More electrical fatalities at home than at work in Ontario
04-Oct-2019 10:14 AM
- Electrical Safety Authority monitoring this reversal in a historic trend. - (ESA) - Electrical fatalities in the general public have now outnumbered fatalities in workers, according to the Electrical Safety Authority's (ESA) Ontario Electrical Safety Report, the only report of its kind in Canada that presents the state of electrical safety. ...
Statement on German Heritage Month and the Nine-Day Oktoberfest Period
04-Oct-2019 08:00 AM
- In October, Canadians celebrate German Heritage Month and the nine-day Oktoberfest period. - In 2016, the House of Commons officially designated October as German Heritage Month, and the nine-day period starting the Friday before Thanksgiving as Oktoberfest. The German community in Canada is proud of its rich heritage and has made significant ...
EMGALITY™ (galcanezumab) now available in Canada for preventive treatment of migraine
03-Oct-2019 06:25 PM
- New anti-CGRP treatment for the prevention of migraine in adults with at least 4 migraine days per month. - (Eli Lilly Canada) - Eli Lilly Canada Inc. (Lilly Canada) is pleased to announce the availability of Emgality™ (galcanezumab) in Canada. Emgality is indicated for the prevention of migraine in adults who have at least 4 migraine days per ...
Ontario Top Destination in North America for Foreign Direct Investment
03-Oct-2019 04:08 PM
- Most New Jobs Created from Foreign Direct Investment of Any State or Province. - (Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade) - Ontario is the North American leader in the number of new jobs created based on foreign direct investment (FDI), according to a new report. The Global Location Trends 2019 report by IBM shows that ...
Ottawa Airport Authority, NAV CANADA and QinetiQ Canada Partner to Trial Drone Detection Technology at YOW
03-Oct-2019 02:24 PM
(Ottawa International Airport Authority) - Coincident with the release of the Blue Ribbon Task Force on UAS Mitigation at Airports (BRTF)'s Report on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Mitigation at Airports, the Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport Authority (the Airport Authority) is pleased to announce that it has partnered with NAV ...
New Indigobaby Concept Opens at Indigo CF Sherway Gardens
03-Oct-2019 12:00 PM
Indigo, the world's first Cultural Department Store® for booklovers, is thrilled to announce the opening of its new Indigobaby shop located at Indigo CF Sherway Gardens in Toronto, Ontario. Following the successful launch of the Indigobaby Gift Registry earlier this year, Indigo is now launching this new concept as the ultimate destination for ...
Stop Household Fires Fast With Easy-To-Use First Alert Fire Spray
03-Oct-2019 10:30 AM
- Convenient, Award-winning Fire Extinguishing Device Now Available throughout Canada. - In as little as 30 seconds, a small flame can become a major fire that puts your home and family at risk. To help put household fires out fast, First Alert, the most trusted brand in home safety, now offers the First Alert Fire Spray throughout Canada. ...
WhistleBlower Security National Report: Majority of Canadians willing to blow the whistle
03-Oct-2019 08:00 AM
(WhistleBlower Security) - According to the new 'WhistleBlower Security National Report' released today, 94 per cent of Canadian employees feel it is their responsibility to speak up when they see wrongdoing in the workplace. The Report also finds that 40 per cent of working Canadians have witnessed wrong-doing in the workplace and of those, 77 per ...
Jobs and green growth: Canadians celebrate Energy Efficiency Day
02-Oct-2019 08:13 PM
Today, Canada is celebrating Energy Efficiency Day, an opportunity to salute the workers from coast-to-coast who help homes and businesses cut energy waste, save money, and reduce emissions. Since 2016, the first Wednesday of every October has been celebrated as Energy Efficiency Day in the United States, where the sector currently boasts 2.3 ...
Wizarding World Digital Introduces The Official Harry Potter Fan Club And New Mobile Hogwarts Sorting Ceremony
02-Oct-2019 07:11 PM
Wizarding World Digital today announces the launch of The Official Harry Potter Fan Club, which can be experienced through the first ever Wizarding World app - a Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts mobile companion, and new, interactive Wizarding World website. Whether you've considered Hogwarts a home for over 20 years, or you've only recently been ...
RCMP warns of scammers spoofing RCMP's telephone number
02-Oct-2019 06:22 PM
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) in Ontario is issuing a public notice with respect to fraudulent telephone calls. The RCMP is warning the general public of fraudulent telephone calls which appear to be coming from various RCMP detachments across Ontario. The callers impersonate a police officer on the phone, inform the victims that there ...
Air Canada Fan Flight Returns for 2019/2020 NHL Season
02-Oct-2019 04:36 PM
- Airline brings fans closer to their favourite teams with VIP game experiences. - (Air Canada) - As the puck drops on another NHL season and fans from coast to coast cheer for their favourite teams, Air Canada today announced the return of Fan Flight (#ACFanFlight) – a season-long program that rewards deserving fans with a VIP game experience, ...
As education workers give notice of walkout, CUPE urges province, trustees to focus on reaching a deal that secures services
02-Oct-2019 04:05 PM
(CUPE) - In the face of mounting evidence that school boards are using education workers' work-to-rule job action as an excuse to cut programs, services and staffing in Ontario schools, the union that represents these workers gave the required five days' notice for escalating their job action to a full-fledged walkout that is scheduled to begin on ...
Public invited to share their ideas on climate action and priorities for Toronto
02-Oct-2019 02:48 PM
(City of Toronto ) - The City of Toronto is inviting residents to share their ideas on actions and priorities to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in Toronto. Input from residents will help to inform the 2021 to 2023 implementation plan for the City's TransformTO climate action strategy. The plan will be presented to Council in the spring of 2020. ...
Toronto City Council declares climate emergency and commits to accelerating action to address climate change
02-Oct-2019 12:30 PM
(Toronto City) - Today, City Council voted unanimously to declare a climate emergency and adopted a stronger emissions reduction target for Toronto – net zero by 2050. In recent years, Toronto residents and businesses have experienced more frequent flooding and other severe weather events. Toronto's weather is expected to get hotter, wetter and ...