Intact announces $2.3 million commitment to help Canadians adapt to climate change
25-Apr-2019 06:12 PM
- CEO Charles Brindamour underscores value of natural assets in building climate resiliency. During the Nature Champions Summit today, Intact Financial Corporation ("Intact") (TSX: IFC) announced a commitment of $2.3 million to 16 Canadian charitable partners – from coast to coast – focused on protecting Canadians from the impacts of climate ...
Responsible Investing Continues to Grow in Canada
25-Apr-2019 06:07 PM
- Latest Desjardins survey shows a growing interest from Canadian investors but some challenges remain. A survey conducted on behalf of Desjardins shows that Canadians are increasingly interested in responsible investments (RI). However, this choice isn't always available to investors who want to take concrete action that aligns with their values. ...
International Day of Football and Friendship Celebrated in Schools Around the World
25-Apr-2019 05:07 PM
April 25 is the International Day of Football and Friendship. This year, it was celebrated in schools and sports academies of more than 50 countries of Europe, Asia, Africa, North and South America. The activities involved meetings, training, and friendly matches with participation of the Young Ambassadors and Coaches of the Gazprom International ...
La Ronde Kicks Off its 2019 Season with a New, Seven Story Loop Coaster
25-Apr-2019 04:24 PM
- Park Opens Saturday, May 11. La Ronde, Quebec's leading destination for thrills and family entertainment, will open its gates on May 11 with a giant loop roller coaster, Chaos. This thrilling, new attraction will send riders back and forth and launch them upside down through a series of 360⁰ revolutions. In addition to more than 40 rides and ...
Enjoy summer in Mont Tremblant with Porter Airlines
25-Apr-2019 02:31 PM
Porter Airlines flights to Mont Tremblant, Que., are back in time for summer fun. Seasonal service begins June 21, and runs until September 22, 2019. Flights operate up to four times weekly starting July 28 through Labour Day, and two times weekly for the remainder of the season. Passengers fly non-stop from Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport to ...
Sobeys Inc. first to bring Beyond Meat® to grocery shelves across Canada
25-Apr-2019 12:00 PM
- The Beyond Burger™ is available to Canadian shoppers for the first time at Sobeys stores. Sobeys Inc. is setting the pace among Canadian grocery retail, officially introducing The Beyond Burger™ to its shelves across Canada starting today with the national roll-out reaching all stores by Friday, April 26th. As the first grocery retailer in ...
Markham students place 12th at the prestigious National Automotive Technology Competition in New Yor
25-Apr-2019 10:21 AM
-Two Ontario grade 12 students earned the opportunity to compete internationally after they won the Toronto Automotive Technology Competition last February. Yesterday, Vincent Servinis and Samuel Luff, both grade 12 students from St. Brother André Catholic School in Markham, Ontario, represented the Trillium Automotive Dealers Association (TADA) ...
M&M'S® Flavour Vote has landed in Canada, this time with an international flair
25-Apr-2019 08:00 AM
- Three new limited edition flavours – Mexican Jalapeño Peanut, English Toffee Peanut, and Thai Coconut Peanut – available for Canadians to vote for their favourite. M&M'S® announced the future of flavour is once again in the hands of Canadian's, with the return of M&M'S® Flavour Vote featuring flavours from around the world. M&M'S® travelled the ...
В Канаде объявлен конкурс на лучшего бадмастера (профессионала по каннабису)
24-Apr-2019 06:17 PM
Канадский производитель продуктов из каннабиса Aurora Cannabis запустила конкурс на звание лучшего бадмастера (по аналогии с бартендером). Национальное соревнование под название Топ Канадский Бадмастер призван выявить лучших в своем деле профессионалов в стране. Их задачей будет направлять потребителей в новом мире легального каннабиса. ...
В Канаде проходит Неделя Осведомленности о Бесплодии
24-Apr-2019 04:16 PM
С 22 по 27 апреля в Канаде проходит Неделя Осведомленности о Бесплодии, цель которой – привлечь внимание общественности к этой проблеме и поощрить молодых канадцев узнавать больше о репродуктивном здоровье и планировании семьи. Согласно статистике, каждая шестая пара канадцев детородного возраста сталкивается с трудностями при зачатии детей. ...
Aeroflot Named China's Favourite International Airline for the Third Consecutive Year
24-Apr-2019 02:25 PM
Aeroflot has been once again recognised as the Favourite International Airline in China. The prestigious award was given to Aeroflot for the third consecutive year at the Flyer Award Ceremony 2019. The award ceremony was held today in Shanghai, the economic capital of China. The awards are supported by the Civil Aviation Administration of China ...
Toronto City Council meeting of April 16 and 17
24-Apr-2019 12:00 PM
Council Highlights is a summary of a selection of the decisions that Toronto City Council made at its recent business meeting. Transportation King Street transit Council decided to make the features of the King Street Transit Pilot project permanent, with King Street between Bathurst and Jarvis Streets operating as a corridor that gives public ...
Last Chance to Meet ROM’s Newly Discovered Dinosaur Zuul
24-Apr-2019 10:23 AM
The Royal Ontario Museum’s (ROM) orginal exhibition Zuul: Life of an Armoured Dinosaur, presenting sponsor Sinking Ship Entertainment, wraps up on Monday, May 20, 2019. Time is running out for visitors to travel back 76 million years on a journey into the Late Cretaceous world of Zuul – the world-renowned, newly named ankylosaur from the ROM. ...
Ontario Seniors Receive More Support with Publicly-Funded Dental Care
24-Apr-2019 08:04 AM
Senior citizens in Ontario deserve to be respected and live in dignity. Often obstacles and finances have prohibited some seniors from being able to receive the dental care they require. Ontario is protecting what matters most by providing low-income seniors access to quality dental care through a new publicly-funded dental care program that will ...
The Royal Canadian Mint Launched the 2019 $1 Equality circulation coin
23-Apr-2019 04:38 PM
- The Royal Canadian Mint marks 50 years of progress in the journey to equal rights for LGBTQ2 Canadians with $1 "Equality" circulation coin. While Canadians' are known for their strongly held values of diversity, inclusion and equality, for many years, LGBTQ2 Canadians were not treated equally. Today, the Royal Canadian Mint is proud to launch a ...
Statement by Premier Doug Ford on the Anniversary of the Toronto Van Attack
23-Apr-2019 08:10 AM
Today, Premier Doug Ford issued the following statement in commemoration of the first anniversary of the van attack on North York city centre in Toronto: "One year ago, terror struck at the very heart of our capital city, our province and our country. In a series of shocking moments of evil, loved ones were lost and lives were shattered forever. ...
Government of Canada Invests up to $6.7 million to Help Businesses in Ontario Export
22-Apr-2019 12:00 PM
- Government of Canada invests up to $6.7 million to help 1,000 small and medium-sized businesses in Ontario export. When Canadian small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) export, they become more productive, create more jobs, grow and scale at higher rates, and invest more in research and development. Through 14 trade agreements, including the ...
Statement by the Prime Minister on the results of the Ukrainian presidential election
22-Apr-2019 08:52 AM
The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today issued the following statement on the results of the Ukrainian presidential election: "On behalf of the Government of Canada, I congratulate Ukrainian President-elect Volodymyr Zelenskiy on his election victory. "The future of Ukraine must be decided by the people of Ukraine. Canada commends the millions ...
RITUXAN®, the Treatment of Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, Leukemia, Arthritis, Approved in Canada
20-Apr-2019 08:00 AM
- Teva Canada Announces the Approval of TRUXIMA™, the first biosimilar to RITUXAN® in Canada for the Treatment of Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia and Rheumatoid Arthritis. Teva Canada Innovation, a unique provider of generic and specialty medicines, announces that Health Canada has granted a notice of compliance (NOC)1 for ...
Gene Therapy Programs to be on the Verge of Delivering Remarkable Remedies for Diseases That Have Pr
19-Apr-2019 06:11 PM
Several revolutionary gene therapies appear to be on the verge of delivering remarkable remedies for diseases that have previously been viewed as untreatable. - Gene therapy is the next great leap forward in medicine, with several noteworthy programs underway looking to cure the incurable - FDA expects 200 new gene and cell therapy INDs in next ...
Axionable Opens an Artificial Intelligence Research Lab in Montréal
19-Apr-2019 04:35 PM
– The company has selected Québec's largest city for its first expansion and plans to create 50 jobs in the next two years. France-based Axionable, which specializes in data and artificial intelligence (AI) strategies for business, is taking advantage of Co-founder and CEO's Gwendal Bihan's presence at the World Summit AI to announce the opening ...
UNICEF Canada: Canada's children are lagging in pre-primary education
19-Apr-2019 02:20 PM
- UNICEF's first-ever global report dedicated to early childhood education highlights a lack of investment in pre-primary education by the majority of governments worldwide. Governments across Canada are failing to invest enough in pre-primary education, putting 532,000 children between 2 and 4 at a big disadvantage, a disparity that must be ...
Budget 2019: An Affordable Place to Call Home
19-Apr-2019 12:00 PM
Every Canadian deserves a safe and affordable place to call home. Yet for too many hard-working Canadians, especially for young people, it feels like an impossibility. There aren't enough houses for people to buy, or apartments for people to rent. That makes finding a good place to live too expensive – beyond what many people can afford. The ...
Canada strengthens regulation of immigration and citizenship consultants
19-Apr-2019 09:44 AM
The Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, issued the following statement: "Our government is taking decisive action to hold immigration and citizenship consultants to a much higher standard as we do with other professions, such as lawyers and doctors. By introducing new legislation, we are going to protect ...