PwC Canada donates $250K to Mackenzie Health Foundation for New Vaughan hospital
07-Dec-2019 08:02 PM
In the spirit of giving back this holiday season, PwC Canada presented Mackenzie Health Foundation Hospital with a $250,000 donation during the grand opening of its new GTA North office located at the Vaughan Metropolitan Centre. "As we open our new PwC office in Vaughan, we are thrilled that we can contribute to the future and health of York ...
McGill University to decrease carbon intensity of investment portfolio
07-Dec-2019 06:18 PM
McGill University is moving forward to reduce the overall carbon footprint of its investment portfolio, as part of its ongoing commitment to fighting climate change and its own stewardship role with respect to sustainability. The Board of Governors, the University's highest governing body, approved all the proposed recommendations from the ...
LCBO's bottom line proves privatized alcohol sales a bad idea: OPSEU's Thomas
07-Dec-2019 03:43 PM
(OPSEU ) - The LCBO's latest profits show the Crown corporation's value to the people of Ontario, OPSEU President Warren (Smokey) Thomas said Friday. In its 2018/2019 annual report released Thursday, the LCBO is reporting earnings of $2.37 billion on total revenue of $6.39 billion. Thomas said those profits go to the provincial government and pay ...
FanDragon Tech Executives Predict 2020 Ticketing Revolution
07-Dec-2019 02:22 PM
- Industry Veterans Envision New Technology And Improved Ticket Integrity Will Power More Personalized Fan Experiences And Drive Increased Revenues For The Live Events Market. - Live events will see a technological revolution in 2020, with breakthrough innovations in the event experience and ticketing platforms bringing transformational change to ...
FlightHub and JustFly's 10 Point Packing Checklist When Going on A Ski Trip
07-Dec-2019 12:00 PM
Besides the obvious things like packing skis, goggles and helmet, here's a list from FlightHub and JustFly outlining some things travelers may not have considered. Writing a packing list and laying out exactly what to bring at least 2 weeks in advance should be the first step in relieving stress when it comes to travel. This way travelers will be ...
Waves of transformation and the growing competition for talent: this year's 'Greater Toronto's Top Employers' are announced
07-Dec-2019 10:18 AM
(Mediacorp Canada Inc.) - In Canada's largest metropolitan area, you don't need to look far to spot the signs of dramatic economic growth. But beneath the construction hoardings and crowded sidewalks, something remarkable is happening: the city is transforming once again, this time into a technology hub with thousands of new employment ...
HOLIDAYS Corby is getting Toronto home safe this New Year's Eve - the TTC is free all nigh
07-Dec-2019 08:00 AM
Torontonians will enjoy another year of free TTC rides during New Year's celebrations, courtesy of Corby Spirit and Wine Limited. For the seventh consecutive year, the TTC is partnering with Corby Spirit and Wine to help New Years' revellers stay safe, by providing a night of free TTC rides. Starting December 31st after 7 p.m., all TTC streetcars, ...
Health Canada evaluating NDMA in metformin drugs
06-Dec-2019 06:12 PM
Health Canada is aware that some metformin products available outside Canada have been found to contain a nitrosamine impurity, N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), above the acceptable limit. Metformin is a prescription drug used to control high blood sugar in patients with type 2 diabetes. At this time, Health Canada is not aware of any metformin ...
Announcing a Job Fair in Conjunction with World Autism Day
06-Dec-2019 04:34 PM
- A Unique Opportunity to Link Employers & Autistic Recruits. - Karma Job Fair announces a 2-day opportunity for individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) to gain experience and find employment at The Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts,10268 Yonge St, Richmond Hill. Opportunities are still available for GTA-located sponsors, ...
Road crews working hard to get Toronto streets winter-ready
06-Dec-2019 02:22 PM
(City of Toronto ) - Snow and cold have arrived and City of Toronto maintenance crews have been working day and night throughout the year to make safety-critical improvements such as pothole repairs, street sweeping, catch basin clearance, bike lane maintenance, and utility cut repairs on sidewalks and roads in advance of this winter season. ...
Registration for City of Toronto winter swim and skate programs and March Break camps begins this weekend
06-Dec-2019 12:00 PM
(City of Toronto ) - Registration for City of Toronto winter swim and skate programs and March Break camps will take place on Saturday, December 7 and Tuesday, December 10. The City is Toronto is the largest provider of safe, fun and high-quality recreation programs for people of all ages, skill levels and interests, with more than one million ...
CAA urges drivers to prepare for first cold snap of the season
06-Dec-2019 10:22 AM
CAA Manitoba is predicting a higher than normal volume of car battery failures next week as temperatures are expected to dip below -15°C. "Our top priority is always focused on keeping our members safe and that means proactively encouraging Manitobans to prepare their vehicles," said Heather Mack, manager, government and community relations, CAA ...
Mogo launches newly designed mobile app and introduces Canadians to the 4 habits of financial health
06-Dec-2019 08:00 AM
Mogo Inc. a financial technology company, today announced the launch of its newly redesigned mobile app that makes it easier than ever for Canadians to get in control of their financial health. Financial stress continues to be the number one stressor for Canadians and is even more pronounced among millennials, with surveys showing that 76% cite it ...
Global fashion platform, SSENSE, unleashes dogwear
05-Dec-2019 04:07 PM
- The collection includes dog apparel and accessories from a mix of luxury brands and emerging designers, available now on ssense.com. - Global fashion platform, SSENSE, is pleased to announce the debut of dogwear on ssense.com. Applying its industry-leading buying direction to curate an assortment of established luxury labels, emerging designers, ...
Ontario Takes New Actions to Combat Bullying in Schools
03-Dec-2019 12:00 PM
- New Initiatives Aimed at Bullying Prevention and Reporting. - (Ministry of Education) - Today, Stephen Lecce, Minister of Education, announced five new measures to prevent and combat bullying in Ontario schools to improve student safety and well-being. These latest steps include: The assignment of Christina Mitas, MPP for Scarborough Centre and ...
Billy Bishop Airport to Convert Marilyn Bell I Airport Ferry to Electric-Power
03-Dec-2019 10:23 AM
- First of Its Kind in Canada, Electric-Powered Ferry Will Significantly Reduce Airport GHG Emissions and Noise Impacts. - PortsToronto, owner and operator of Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, is proud to announce that the airport's Marilyn Bell I passenger/vehicle ferry will be converted to electric-power. This innovative retrofit represents a ...
Toronto Fire Services and the Toronto Raptors want Torontonians to 'keep the fire on the court'
03-Dec-2019 08:00 AM
(City of Toronto) - The City of Toronto's Fire Services has partnered with the Toronto Raptors to launch an advertising and public education campaign on fire safety. The campaign urges people: "Install, test and maintain your smoke alarms. And make a fast break. Always have a fire escape plan. Learn how to keep your home safe from fire at ...
New North York Ontario Health Team to Provide Better Connected Care for Patients
02-Dec-2019 06:15 PM
- Ontario Health Teams Part of Province’s Plan to End Hallway Health Care. - (Ministry of Health) - Ontario is delivering on its commitment to end hallway health care and build a connected and sustainable health care system centred around the needs of patients. The province is introducing Ontario Health Teams, a new model of care that brings ...
Toronto Public Health releases report on vapour products
02-Dec-2019 04:42 PM
(City of Toronto ) - On December 9, Toronto's Medical Officer of Health will report to the Board of Health on the health risks associated with vaping products. Vaping is the act of inhaling and exhaling an aerosol produced by a vaping product, such as an e cigarette. Vapour products contain many toxic substances that are harmful to health. ...
Public consultation on digital technologies and data governance in Toronto
02-Dec-2019 02:12 PM
(City of Toronto ) - The City of Toronto is developing a Digital Infrastructure Plan to help guide decisions on how Toronto will evaluate and regulate digital technologies and data use for City services and other proposals. Digital technologies – including "smart city technologies" – are bringing Toronto new benefits and ways of working to create ...
Ontario Encouraging Innovative Housing. Province Releases “Build or buy a tiny home” Guide
02-Dec-2019 12:00 PM
(Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing) - The province is taking steps to help create more homes, and different types of homes, to give Ontarians more housing choices at a price they can afford. Tiny homes are less costly to build and maintain and can be more affordable than traditional housing. The Build or buy a tiny home offers practical ...
Ontario, City of Toronto Clearing the Roadblocks for New Subways
02-Dec-2019 10:34 AM
- Relief is coming for commuters with the Premier’s GTHA Transit Plan. - (Office of the Premier) - Today, Premier Ford and Toronto Mayor John Tory celebrated a historic new partnership between the city and the province to build the most ambitious subway expansion in Canadian history. Ontario is working with the City of Toronto to deliver its ...
Toronto Pearson and Deloitte release whitepaper on underemployment
01-Dec-2019 04:22 PM
- Pearson's community investment program commits $1 million in funding for programs aimed at addressing underemployment. - Toronto Pearson, in collaboration with Deloitte, today announced the release of a whitepaper on the issue of underemployment. Titled "Uncovering Underemployment: Tapping into the potential of our workforce," the whitepaper ...
HOLIDAYS Holiday Music Has High ROI for Business
28-Nov-2019 06:33 PM
- Entandem research finds shoppers enjoy holiday music. Divided debate over when music should start.. - The research, which surveyed more than 1,500 Canadians, also showed that 80% of Canadians feel music improves their holiday shopping experience, and about three-quarters are satisfied to hear holiday music at a store, on the radio, and at home. ...