CGTN: China calls for building an open world economy to create better post-COVID world
18-Jan-2022 06:45 PM
The World Economic Forum's (WEF) Global Risks Report warned that economic stagnation is the most serious challenge persisting from the COVID-19 pandemic. However, China is injecting confidence into the world economy with official data released on Monday showing its economy posted stable growth in 2021. How did the world's second-largest economy ...
COVID-19 CMA Calling for Rapid Action in Face of COVID-19
18-Jan-2022 04:38 PM
The Canadian Medical Association (CMA) is appealing to federal, provincial and territorial governments to work together to minimize the impact of the current wave of COVID-19 using the tools, experience, and expertise gained from the last two years of the pandemic. The CMA is concerned that the latest wave coursing through the country may leave the ...
Canadian securities regulators issue warning about fraudulent investment solicitations involving crypto assets
18-Jan-2022 02:28 PM
The Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) warns the public about investment schemes involving fraudulent websites that solicit investments in foreign exchange (often referred to as "forex"), binary options and/or crypto assets. In particular, fraudsters continue to capitalize on market interest in crypto assets to lure investors into scams, ...
Canadian home buyers face record listings shortage to begin 2022
18-Jan-2022 12:00 PM
Statistics released today by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales remained historically high in December 2021, as the end-of-month supply of properties for sale hit an all-time low. Highlights: - National home sales inched up 0.2% on a month-over-month basis in December. - Actual (not seasonally adjusted) ...
The Public Health Agency of Canada launches a national dementia awareness campaign to help reduce stigma
18-Jan-2022 10:23 AM
The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) is launching its first national dementia awareness campaign during Alzheimer's Awareness Month in Canada, to reduce negative perceptions about dementia and the people living with the condition. Uninformed attitudes and beliefs about dementia can result in stigma, which can affect people living with ...
Ontario Cuts Electricity Rates to Help Workers, Families and Small Businesses
18-Jan-2022 09:30 AM
- Off-peak rates provide immediate savings as Ontarians spend more time at home while public health measures are in place.- The Ontario government is providing 21 days of electricity-rate relief to support families and workers spending more time at home, as well as small businesses, consistent with the length of time the province is in modified ...
COVID-19 Health Canada authorizes PAXLOVID™ for patients with mild to moderate COVID-19
18-Jan-2022 08:00 AM
Health Canada has authorized the combination of two antiviral drugs, nirmatrelvir and ritonavir (brand name PAXLOVIDTM), to treat adults with mild to moderate COVID-19 who are at high risk of progressing to serious disease, including hospitalization or death. The active ingredient nirmatrelvir in PAXLOVIDTM works by stopping the virus from ...
Baqsimi® (Nasal Glucagon), Rescue Treatment for Severe Hypoglycemia Now Covered by all Federal Benefit Programs
17-Jan-2022 08:33 PM
Lilly Canada is pleased to announce that as of January 1st, 2022, Baqsimi (glucagon nasal powder) is now covered by all Federal health benefit programs, which includes the Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB) Program, Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC), and Correctional Services of Canada (CSC). Baqsimi is indicated for the treatment of severe ...
Odgers Berndtson Announces the 2022 Student Finalists Who Will Participate in the CEOx1Day Future Leaders Summit
17-Jan-2022 06:12 PM
The CEOx1Day Future Leaders Summit is designed to close the gap between students and CEOs by identifying promising future leaders and giving them the opportunity to learn business and leadership skills from top Canadian executives. Today, we are thrilled to announce the 50 student finalists who will participate in the CEOx1Day Future Leaders ...
Experts Recognize Canada's Best Whisky
17-Jan-2022 04:35 PM
Nine independent whisky experts have named Crown Royal Nobel Collection Winter Wheat, Canada's best whisky and Canadian Whisky of the Year at the twelfth annual Canadian Whisky Awards. From among well over 150 Canadian whiskies tasted, Crown Royal also took top honours for Best Blended Whisky and Sippin' Whisky of the Year. "This is a truly ...
New research shows more than a third of all Canadians reporting burnout
17-Jan-2022 03:19 PM
- Healthcare workers top the list of all industries surveyed, with nurses double the Canadian average.- Today is Blue Monday – often referred to as the most depressing day of the year. As we inch towards the two-year mark of the COVID-19 pandemic, new research shows that more than one-third (35 per cent) of all working Canadians are feeling ...
COVID-19 Open Letter From Doctors in the Transportation and Tourism Sector
17-Jan-2022 02:22 PM
- Chief Medical Officers of Health for Air Canada, Toronto Pearson, and WestJet call on Governments to shift PCR testing from airports to communities. - Dear Hon. Jean-Yves Duclos, P.C., Minister of Health; Dr. Theresa Tam, Chief Public Health Officer of Canada; Hon. Christine Elliott, Deputy Premier of Ontario and Minister of Health; and Dr. ...
10 richest men double their fortunes in pandemic while incomes of 99 per cent of humanity fall
17-Jan-2022 12:00 PM
-New billionaire minted every 26 hours, as inequality contributes to the death of one person every four seconds. - The world's 10 richest men more than doubled their fortunes from $875 billion to $1.9 trillion CAD — at a rate of $18,700 per second or $1.63 billion CAD a day — during the first two years of a pandemic that has seen the incomes of 99 ...
FSRA proposes to strengthen consumer protection through its new Financial Professionals Title Protection Rule and Fees
17-Jan-2022 10:11 AM
The Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA) is continuing to work with the government of Ontario to strengthen consumer protection in the financial services sector. At present, there are no provincial standards or requirements for individuals who use the titles Financial Advisor (FA) or Financial Planner (FP). If approved, the ...
Groceries and Gas Top List of Biggest Financial Strains for 2022; PolicyMe survey reveals Canadians' financial outlook
17-Jan-2022 08:00 AM
- In 2022, Canadians' top financial priorities are having a sufficient emergency fund (54%), paying down debt (48%) and saving for retirement (40%). - Canadians' top financial stressors for 2022 include buying groceries (59%), paying for gas & transportation (40%) and paying down their credit card debt (28%). - 42% admit they were more financially ...
How retailers' 2021 strategies for mitigating impact of COVID will prepare them for what is ahead for 2022
16-Jan-2022 04:44 PM
Who could have anticipated the journey that retailers, along with so many other businesses, weathered in 2021? With a full week of 2022 now behind us, Retail Council of Canada (RCC) discusses some of the issues that continue to impact retailers along with how retailers are adapting to expect the unexpected at every turn. The most unprecedented ...
New One-of-a-Kind World Citizenship Report Gives Switzerland Top Spot with Asian Countries Not Far Behind
16-Jan-2022 02:11 PM
CS Global Partners, the world's leading government advisory and marketing firm, has released its much-anticipated World Citizenship Report (WCR). The WCR showcases the World Citizenship Index (WCI), a distinctive tool that compares world citizenships from the perspective of a global citizen. The index's methodology evaluates 187 jurisdictions ...
2021 Canadian Exchange IPOs set $10.2B record from 171 IPOs
16-Jan-2022 12:00 PM
Initial public offerings (IPOs) on the Canadian stock exchanges reached record number of IPOs and amount raised. 171 IPOs completed on the four Canadian Exchanges raising $10.18 billion in 2021, according to Canada's only comprehensive IPO report published by CPE Analytics, a Division of CPE Media & Data Company. Excluding Capital Pool Company ...
CNO and Ontario Health are partnering to address health human resource needs of the province by launching a new program
16-Jan-2022 08:00 AM
- Moving Nursing Applicants into the System: College of Nurses of Ontario partners with Ontario Health.- The College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) and Ontario Health are partnering to help address the health human resource needs of the province by launching the Supervised Practice Experience Partnership. This partnership provides an opportunity for ...
Government of Canada backs over 5,500 trailblazing Canadian researchers
15-Jan-2022 06:33 PM
- Prominent and emerging researchers focus on the environment, health, reconciliation, economic development and more. - Canada's highly skilled and talented researchers are world-renowned for their leading scientific breakthroughs, discovering bold, innovative approaches and contributing to solving our world's toughest problems. Canada's academic ...
Over half of CEOs to step-up investment and M&A in 2022, but headwinds remain
15-Jan-2022 12:00 PM
- EY survey of more than 2,000 CEOs globally reveals confidence has returned, but strategic choices will determine future success. - 54% of respondents plan to prioritize investment in existing business. - 59% will pursue transactions, even after a record-breaking year. - Focus on sustainability vs. quarterly earnings creates tension with investors ...
Staples Canada to host the Future of Work Virtual Expo on February 16
15-Jan-2022 10:24 AM
- Virtual expo will explore insights and emerging trends for the future of work; includes keynote presentations from thought leaders to help companies prepare for 2022 and beyond.- The pandemic has shifted the way companies work and has accelerated the adoption of hybrid work environments for many. Staples Canada and its business-to-business ...
Travel Apartheid: The World's Most and Least Powerful Passports for 2022
14-Jan-2022 08:14 PM
The latest results from the Henley Passport Index show record-breaking levels of travel freedom for top-ranking nations Japan and Singapore, but also the widest recorded global mobility gap since the index's inception 17 years ago. Without taking temporary Covid-related restrictions into account, passport holders of the two Asian nations can now ...
Canadian Travel & Tourism Roundtable Encourages Government to Redeploy On-Arrival PCR Tests
14-Jan-2022 12:00 PM
Today, the Canadian Travel and Tourism Roundtable released the following statement: The Canadian Travel and Tourism Roundtable ("The Roundtable") today called on the federal government to redeploy PCR tests used for on-arrival testing of fully-vaccinated, asymptomatic and previously negative travellers into Canada for community use and for a ...