News and Media Reports Archive (1-24 of 4833)
✈️ Air Canada to Acquire 18 Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner Aircraft Under Ongoing Fleet Renewal and Fuel Efficiency Drive
28-Sep-2023 04:35 PM
- Firm order for 18 aircraft and 12 options; first delivery scheduled for late 2025. - Aircraft to feature new, state-of-the-art interior cabin design. - Air Canada converts two Boeing 777 freighter orders to passenger aircraft. - Air Canada said it has placed a firm order with The Boeing Company for 18 Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner aircraft. ...
JOBS Leadership Doubt Index: New Workplace Survey Reveals Successful Leaders Struggle With Chronic Doubt About Their Leadership
28-Sep-2023 12:00 PM
- The first-of-its-kind Leadership Doubt Index found that 97% of leaders have questioned a critical aspect of their leadership, despite high levels of overall confidence. - Workload and team performance issues were the most commonly reported triggers of Leadership Doubt, and instances of doubt led to decreased productivity, feelings of burnout, and ...
JOBS Minister O'Regan Releases the What We Heard Report on Banning Replacement Workers and Improving the Maintenance of Activities Process
28-Sep-2023 12:00 PM
The Government of Canada believes in free and fair collective bargaining. That is where the best agreements – ones that meet the needs of unions, employers and Canadians – are made. The Government will introduce legislation by the end of 2023 to prohibit the use of replacement workers in federally regulated workplaces during a strike or lockout. ...
Canadians are Spending 2.5 Times More Time Navigating Their Health and Benefits Than With Their Doctor
28-Sep-2023 08:00 AM
- GreenShield's new campaign reinforces their commitment to bringing Canadians an integrated, seamless health and benefits experience - Canadians are spending more and more time trying to access health care and benefits. From waiting in a doctor's office, to completing benefit forms, to lining up at the pharmacy, a recent survey by GreenShield ...
💵 Financial Flexibility Disappearing for Canadians as Rising Costs Continue to Hammer Savings - RBC Poll
28-Sep-2023 02:10 AM
- Financial uncertainty is the new normal for the majority. - Almost half have never been more stressed out about money. - Impact of inflation caught many by surprise. - The impact inflation continues to have on the lives of Canadians has them feeling unsettled about their day-to-day spending and saving options and their future financial security, ...
💵 As the Cost of Living Goes Up, Most Canadians are Making Daily Sacrifices - While Holding On to Big Ambitions
27-Sep-2023 08:06 PM
- 61 per cent of Canadians have adopted some sort of cost-cutting behavior, but few plan to postpone major life events, even in the face of higher costs - A new CIBC poll finds that while more than half of all Canadians (61 per cent) say they have engaged in some sort of cost-cutting behaviour to manage the increased cost of living, very few plan ...
💵 Statistics Canada's Census 2021 Update Reminds Us That the Gender Wage Gap is Complex
27-Sep-2023 06:23 PM
Using average hourly wages, Statistics Canada data from the Labour Force Survey unveils that in 2022, female employees in Ontario earned $0.87 (or 13%) for every dollar earned by their male counterparts. The average hourly wage gap has narrowed by 6 percentage points since 1998 when women earned $0.81 for every dollar earned by men. Hourly wages ...
🐔⚕️💵 Government Of Canada Invests in Capacity for Responding to Avian Influenza Outbreaks in British Columbia
27-Sep-2023 04:33 PM
Avian influenza continues to be a significant threat to poultry production in Canada. The Government of Canada is committed to reinforcing the sector's capacity to respond to disease outbreaks in the future. Today, the Honourable Lawrence MacAulay, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, announced an investment of $1.81 million over three years to ...
Canada's Competition Summit 2023 to Explore Policy Approaches to Unlock Competition
27-Sep-2023 12:00 PM
On October 5, 2023, the Competition Bureau will host Canada's Competition Summit, where expert speakers and panelists will explore how competition considerations can be factored into policy development across all levels of Canadian government. To achieve long-term economic growth and prosperity, many countries around the world have identified the ...
Ahead of the Crowd: Alberta's Economy Heading Into 2024
27-Sep-2023 10:21 AM
In the past year, Alberta's economy has weathered the inflation storm better than most. Strong population growth and a revitalised energy sector will continue to put Alberta's economy ahead of the crowd even as it slows in the face of higher interest rates. Consumer spending, employment and population growth have been stronger than expected in our ...
Gallup Study: Four Out of Five Worldwide Frequently Feel in Harmony With Others
27-Sep-2023 08:00 AM
- "Harmonic principles" of wellbeing unveil the global population's experiences related to balance, harmony, inner peace and contentment in life. - In a new report, Wellbeing for All: Incorporating Harmonic Principles of Wellbeing in Subjective Wellbeing Research and Policymaking, Gallup and the Wellbeing for Planet Earth (WPE) Foundation outline ...
💚🌳🍏🥒 More Canadian Workers to Benefit From the Green Economy
26-Sep-2023 06:41 PM
Canada's green economy is reducing our carbon footprint through renewable energy systems, eco-friendly buildings and improved urban planning. To support its continued growth, workers across Canada require the necessary skills and training to contribute to a cleaner and more sustainable future. Today, the Minister of Employment, Workforce ...
JOBS Canada Employment Insurance Commission confirms 2024 Employment Insurance premium rate
26-Sep-2023 02:23 PM
The Canada Employment Insurance Commission today made available the Actuarial Report and its summary for the 2024 Employment Insurance (EI) premium rate. The rate is set at $1.66 per $100 of insurable earnings for employees and $2.32 for employers who pay 1.4 times the employee rate. This represents a three-cent increase from the 2023 EI premium ...
🥝🥕🛒💵 Minister Champagne Calls On Canada's Five Largest Grocery Chains to Take Action to Stabilize Retail Prices for Consumers
26-Sep-2023 12:00 PM
On September 18, the Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, Minister of Innovation, Science and Industry, met with the leaders of Canada's five largest grocery chains, who have committed to supporting efforts to stabilize food prices. During the meeting, the Minister stressed that the cost of groceries has risen drastically. Minister Champagne ...
JOBS Amazon is Hiring More than 6,000 Employees in Canada to Help Deliver Great Holiday Experiences
26-Sep-2023 10:21 AM
- Amazon's average starting hourly wage in Canada is now $21 per hour across customer fulfillment and delivery, with guaranteed raises and paid career development opportunities for eligible regular employees - Amazon today announced that it is hiring 6,000 employees across Canada in full-time, seasonal, and part-time roles across its operations ...
🔌💵 Hydro One Launches Ultra-Low Overnight Electricity Price Plan Providing Customers With Choice Between Three Electricity Pricing Options
26-Sep-2023 08:00 AM
- 74 per cent of Ontarians find having choice between electricity pricing plans useful - Hydro One announced that customers have even more choice and flexibility when it comes to how they are billed for electricity with the company's launch of the Ontario Energy Board's new Ultra-Low Overnight Electricity Price Plan. A new survey, conducted by ...
🏃🏆 Canada to Host First-Ever Winter Hybrid Invictus Games
25-Sep-2023 04:21 PM
The Invictus Games Düsseldorf 2023 officially closed today in Germany. As they launch their legacy projects, this marks the beginning of Vancouver and Whistler's journey as hosts for the first-ever Invictus Games to feature winter sports. The closing ceremony—which included the official handover of the Invictus Games flag from the Invictus Games ...
Upcoming Event: 🦖🦕Jurassic Quest, North America's Biggest Dinosaur Event, Returns to Canada in November
25-Sep-2023 12:00 PM
- Walk among the dinosaurs when the continent's can't-miss dinosaur adventure visits four Ontario cities during its winter migration - Jurassic Quest®, the largest and most realistic interactive dinosaur event on the continent, will return to Canada for a limited winter engagement in Ontario! Jurassic Quest will migrate to Ottawa (Nov. 17-19), ...
Monday's transit rides with PRESTO are on us! Tims Credit Card holders get up to $10 back every Monday for a limited time when they tap to pay for any PRESTO fare, including on the TTC, GO Transit and UP Express
25-Sep-2023 08:00 AM
- Starting Sept. 25 and through Nov. 6, Tims® Credit Card holders can get up to $10 back on transit fares every Monday when they use their Tims Credit Card, powered by Neo Financial™, to tap on a PRESTO device to ride transit. This offer is available for travel on participating transit systems that accept PRESTO contactless payment, including the ...
⚕️💵 Racing to Change the Future of Youth Mental Health
23-Sep-2023 05:06 PM
- 2023 RBC Race for the Kids Raises $2.5 Million for Sunnybrook's Family Navigation Project - More than 7,500 participants took a giant step forward for youth mental health today, crossing the finish line for the 11th anniversary of RBC Race for the Kids in Toronto. Collectively they raised $2.5 million in support of Family Navigation Project ...
Littleoak Brand Infant Formula Products Not Approved for Sale in Canada
23-Sep-2023 04:37 PM
Product: Infant Formula products made with natural goat milk Issue: Food - Other Distribution: Online See the affected products and product photos for this recall SOURCE: Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) ... ...
Statement from the Governor General on the Visit to Canada by His Excellency Volodymyr Zelenskyy, President of Ukraine, and
22-Sep-2023 08:37 PM
Our days are filled with moments we often take for granted. And sometimes, in the midst of everything, we are part of historic moments. Moments that offer us pause. Today was one of those historic moments, as Canada welcomed the President of Ukraine. For the last 18 months, the world has been witness to true courage as the Ukrainian people fight ...
Ukrainian delegation visits Canada's centre of excellence on mental health conditions for military Veterans and their Famil
22-Sep-2023 06:41 PM
The Atlas Institute for Veterans and Families was honoured today by the visit of the First Lady of Ukraine, Olena Zelenska, leading a delegation to explore international leadership in supporting former military personnel and their Families in restoring their mental health and well-being post-conflict. As part of the visit, a signing ceremony took ...
Canada reaffirms our unwavering support for Ukraine for as long as it takes
22-Sep-2023 04:33 PM
The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today welcomed the President of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelenskyy, to Canada to showcase Canada's ongoing solidarity and unwavering support for Ukraine as it continues to defend itself against Russia's war of aggression. The Prime Minister and the President held a bilateral meeting where they discussed Ukraine's ...