Government Of Canada Approves West Path Delivery 2023 Project
03-Dec-2022 06:21 PM
Canada is committed to addressing the concurrent crises of climate change and global energy security. The government continues to explore options for ensuring reliable, long-term access to energy supplies domestically and for our allies as we transition to net zero by 2050. Throughout this transition, we will continue to support natural resource ...
COVID-19 💊⚕️ Roche Canada Announces Purchase Agreement with the Government of Canada for ACTEMRA® IV for Treatment of Adult Patients with COVID-19
03-Dec-2022 04:29 PM
Hoffmann-La Roche Limited (Roche Canada) announced today that it has signed agreements with the Government of Canada to supply 15,000 treatment courses of ACTEMRA ® IV (tocilizumab for injection) for adult patients hospitalized with COVID-19. "Actemra has become a standard of care for moderate to severe COVID-19 patients requiring hospitalization ...
Shaping The Future Of Immigration Through Canada's Indo-Pacific Strategy
03-Dec-2022 02:25 PM
Canada's relationship with the Indo-Pacific region has been forged through generations of deep person-to-person connections. As a major source of newcomers to Canada and the fastest growing economic region in the world, the Indo-Pacific will continue to play a vital role in Canada's immigration strategy. As part of the Indo-Pacific Strategy, the ...
Ontario Supporting Francophone Start-Ups and Entrepreneurs
03-Dec-2022 12:00 PM
- Funding will help promote economic growth and prosperity in Francophone communities - The Ontario government is providing $500,000 to help Francophone entrepreneurs participate in the province’s economic prosperity. The funding will support four projects and is being delivered through the Francophone Economic Development Strategy. The following ...
New Data Reveals That Only 18 Per Cent Of Ontarians Are Confident They Could Help Someone Experiencing A Suspected Opioid Overdose
03-Dec-2022 10:11 AM
- Hydro One provides support to the ACT Foundation to expand the new Opioid Overdose Response Training to 80 per cent of Ontario high schools - Today, Hydro One announced it is increasing its contribution to the Advanced Coronary Treatment (ACT) Foundation to support the expansion of their High School CPR & AED Programs to include the new Opioid ...
Bank Chief Risk Officers Under Increasing Pressure as Recession Looms
02-Dec-2022 06:33 PM
- Risk Management Association, Oliver Wyman Survey Finds Growing Demands from Financial, Non-Financial, and Strategic Risks - Chief Risk Officers are balancing a wide range of demands heading into 2023 – a year in which many emerging risks may be realized, the CRO Outlook 2023 study by the Risk Management Association and global management ...
Ontario Breaks Ground on World-Leading Small Modular Reactor
02-Dec-2022 05:11 PM
- New reactor to provide clean and cost-effective electricity to power Ontario’s growth - Site preparation is now underway for Canada’s first grid-scale small modular reactor (SMR) at Ontario Power Generation’s (OPG) Darlington nuclear site. This work marks another milestone in the province’s plan to build the reliable, affordable and clean ...
It's Not Just: National Campaign Raises Youth Awareness About Gender-Based Violence
02-Dec-2022 04:21 PM
It's not just locker room talk. It's not just a bad day. It's not just flirting. Gender-based violence is a serious issue that affects everyone in Canada, especially young women, girls, and transgender and gender-diverse people. When someone faces violence because of their gender, gender expression, or perceived gender identity, it is a violation ...
CAA Survey Finds People Who Drive High On Edibles Continues To Rise
02-Dec-2022 02:22 PM
A survey conducted by CAA South Central Ontario (CAA SCO) found that since 2019, there has been a 10 per cent increase (26 per cent in 2022 vs. 16 per cent in 2019) in cannabis impaired drivers admitting to consuming an edible before driving. With approximately 10 million Ontario drivers, that number equals about 156,000 Ontario drivers who have ...
🤝 Employers Get 'Ghosted' Too: One-Third Of Small Businesses Had New Hires And Interview Candidates Not Show Up Or Disappear
02-Dec-2022 12:00 PM
Small businesses across Canada are dealing with a growing trend in the hiring process: being ghosted by job candidates and new hires. More than one-third of small business owners said they've hired people who never showed up or stopped coming into work shortly after starting (36%) and/or had job candidates who stopped responding during the ...
Public Advisory - TUMS Peppermint Regular Strength Tablets: One Lot Recalled Due To Contamination
02-Dec-2022 11:02 AM
- Summary Product: TUMS Peppermint Regular Strength tablets, packages of three rolls of 12 tablets, lot HA7H, NPN 01970240. Issue: Health product – contamination, product safety. What to do: Stop using the recalled product. Speak to a health care professional if you have taken this product and have health concerns. - Affected Product TUMS ...
🚕 City Of Toronto Sued Over Public Safety Concerns
02-Dec-2022 10:19 AM
- Toronto's Municipal Licensing & Standards allows thousands of untrained to operate on city streets - In a last-ditch effort to hold the City of Toronto accountable for the safety of all road users, Beck Taxi is taking the municipal government to court. The application maintains that the City has failed in its mandate to create and implement ...
👗👠💰🛍️🏬 Dior: The Atelier of Dreams Pop-Up. Only at Holts!
02-Dec-2022 09:05 AM
This holiday season, the house of Dior invites visitors to follow their lucky star and explore an enchanting universe where all dreams come true. Discover the shimmering Dior constellations created by Italian artist Pietro Ruffo that dress your favourite Dior boutique for the holidays. Enjoy the only at Holts Dior atelier, transporting you to and ...
🧑✈️ Air Canada Named Best Airline in North America for Fourth Straight Year by Global Traveler
02-Dec-2022 08:00 AM
- Also named Best Airline Cabin Cleanliness for the third consecutive year - Air Canada has been named the Best Airline in North America for the fourth consecutive year by the readers of Global Traveler. The airline also won for Best Airline Cabin Cleanliness for the third consecutive year in the 19th edition of the GT Tested Reader Survey of the ...
OPSEU/SEFPO, NUPGE, And Bloodwatch.Org Call For Canadian Blood Services CEO To Resign In Wake Of Plasma Privatization Deal
01-Dec-2022 08:31 PM
- CBS move to privatize plasma collection could have disastrous consequences, representatives say - The Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU/SEFPO), the National Union for Public and General Employees (NUPGE), and BloodWatch.org are raising the alarm on secret plans to privatize plasma collection in Canada. The organizations held a ...
🚗 AutoShow Launches Ticket Sales for 2023 Show
01-Dec-2022 06:07 PM
After a multi-year wait for the Canadian International AutoShow’s return, tickets for the 2023 AutoShow — the 50th anniversary of Canada’s automotive showcase — are finally on sale! As Canada’s largest consumer show, the Canadian International AutoShow, presented by the Toronto Star, will once again put a spotlight on the latest in automotive ...
UPPAbaby Announces Merger with Canadian and United Kingdom Distributors
01-Dec-2022 04:46 PM
- Merger will expand global operations and growth across all business units for the juvenile brand. - In a company email on Tuesday morning, UPPAbaby announced the merger with Canadian distributor, 5514 KM and United Kingdom distributor, DCUK LTD, both co-founded and managed by Jeff Stock of Toronto, ON, Canada. "5514 KM and DCUK LTD have been ...
🧑⚕️ Medfuture Invests In Biotwin
01-Dec-2022 02:22 PM
Medfuture announces their investment in BioTwin, a Quebec-based company developing an innovative technology to create digital twins for humans. A leader in the longevity field, Medfuture aims to position itself as a major player in preventive health. The company has recently rolled out a number of initiatives, including access to health ...
Optimism About The Canadian Economy Continues To Slide: CPA Canada Business Monitor (Q3 2022)
01-Dec-2022 12:00 PM
According to the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada) Business Monitor (Q3 2022) survey, only nine per cent of respondents are optimistic about prospects for the national economy over the next 12 months, a considerable drop from 52 per cent in Q3 2021. Twenty-one per cent of respondents cited inflation as the top challenge to ...
🧑⚕️ BDC Survey On Mental Health - Vast Majority Of Canadian Business Owners Open To Seeking Mental Health Support
01-Dec-2022 10:22 AM
While the pandemic has highlighted a number of issues related to psychological distress, a topic that is increasingly present in the public discourse, 90% of Canadian business owners now say they are open to seeking support for a mental health issue. These are the findings of the Survey on SME owners' mental health, recently conducted and released ...
💰 Cracks Showing In Canadians' Financial Confidence As Majority Face Barriers To Feeling In Control Of Money
01-Dec-2022 08:00 AM
- Interac, Conscious Economics partner to deliver programs designed to help Canadians take charge of their finances - According to new research from Interac Corp., the majority of Canadians (61 per cent) say they face barriers that hinder feelings of financial control. Current economic conditions are felt by many, with more than seven in 10 ...
🌳🌳🌳💰 Forests Ontario To Plant More Than 7 Million Trees Over Three Years As Part Of Canada's 2 Billion Trees Commitment
30-Nov-2022 06:43 PM
Forests Ontario, the province's leading charity dedicated to the creation, preservation, and maintenance of forest and grassland habitats, has partnered with the Government of Canada's 2 Billion Trees program to plant 7.2 million trees over three years. On November 23, the Honourable Jonathan Wilkinson, Minister of Natural Resources, alongside ...
Government Of Canada Boosts Canada's Leadership In Global Artificial Intelligence Market
30-Nov-2022 04:23 PM
- New investment will position Canada at the forefront of the commercialization of artificial intelligence - Artificial intelligence (AI) is one of the most transformative technologies in the world. As a global leader in innovation, Canada is developing and using technologies like AI to shape a better future for all Canadians. Today, the ...
👓 Canadians are Skipping Regular Eye Exams Despite Available Vision Benefits
30-Nov-2022 03:11 PM
- Data shows 1 in 4 Canadians who do not wear glasses have not had an eye exam in over 10 years, as almost half (46%) of Canadians who have vision benefits say they do not plan to use available coverage in 2022. - Canadians who have unused vision benefits are urged to have a comprehensive eye exam before many annual benefits expire at the end of ...