News and Media Reports Archive (1-24 of 4446)
President Biden's Visit to Canada Strengthens Democratic Alliances and Promotes North American Manufacturing Growth
22-Mar-2023 08:00 AM
The following is a joint statement from National Association of Manufacturers President and CEO Jay Timmons and Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters President and CEO Dennis Darby on the occasion of the first official visit of U.S. President Joe Biden to Canada: "The historic ties between Canada and the United States have created one of the ...
JOBS Federal minimum wage rising to $16.65 on April 1
21-Mar-2023 10:00 PM
Every Canadian deserves a real and fair chance at success. Yet some Canadian workers still struggle financially while working part-time, temporary and low- or minimum-wage jobs. To keep pace with inflation, the federal minimum wage will increase from $15.55 to $16.65 per hour on April 1, 2023. Based on the Consumer Price Index, which rose 6.8% in ...
Toronto, The Top Bed Bug Basin
21-Mar-2023 10:23 AM
- Travellers beware as Toronto ranks first for the fourth-straight year on Orkin Canada's 2022 list of the nation's bed-buggiest cities - Orkin Canada has released its annual list of the "bed-buggiest" cities in Canada for 2022. In the top spot is Toronto, followed by Vancouver (up from third in 2021), and Sudbury (down from second), rounding out ...
JOBS Province Building Ontario by Doubling Economic Immigration
18-Mar-2023 12:00 PM
- Historic increase in skilled immigrants will help fill jobs in the skilled trades, technology and health care - TORONTO — The Ontario government is doubling the number of economic immigrants it selects in 2025 to over 18,000 to help solve the province’s critical labour shortage. With nearly 300,000 jobs going unfilled daily, this will allow ...
TAX TIP Confirm My Representative is Now Available for Business Owners
18-Mar-2023 10:15 AM
The protection of taxpayer information is of the utmost importance for the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). This is why the CRA has stringent and ongoing measures to analyze, identify and mitigate potential threats to sensitive taxpayer information. As a response to the need for added security measures, the CRA implemented the Confirm my ...
TAX TIP 💲💻 What Is Cryptocurrency?
16-Mar-2023 10:22 AM
A cryptocurrency is a type of virtual asset that is protected using cryptography. It typically uses a system called a blockchain to record and keep a history of transactions. Cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin and Ether, are independent, meaning they do not rely on governments, central banks, or other central authorities for backing. You can obtain ...
ONTARIO 💵🛒 Ontario Promotes Key Sectors During Trade Mission to Texas
15-Mar-2023 08:04 PM
- Province’s dynamic automotive and technology sectors highlighted at South by Southwest - The Ontario government has concluded a successful trade mission to Texas to promote the province’s growing automotive and technology sectors and to explore new opportunities for investments and job creation. The mission, led by Vic Fedeli, Minister of ...
⚕️🧠 Ontario Brain Institute: It's Time to Think and Act Differently About Brain Disorders
15-Mar-2023 06:22 PM
- New Brain Health in Ontario report offers a snapshot of brain health in Ontario; calls for strategic collaboration between public and private sectors in Canada - The Ontario Brain (OBI) Institute launched Brain Health in Ontario: Forming an Integrated Approach, a new report that outlines the current state of brain disorders in Ontario and calls ...
TORONTO ⛸️ City of Toronto Outdoor Rinks Open Until Sunday for More Skating Fun After Welcoming More Than 500,000 Winter Visitors
15-Mar-2023 05:25 PM
With warmer spring weather on the way, the City of Toronto is encouraging people to enjoy the final days of the 2022/23 outdoor skating season will end this Sunday, March 19. Throughout winter, the City’s supervised outdoor ice rinks were visited more than 500,000 times during their nearly 62,000 hours of operation. Sunday evening, the City will ...
ONTARIO JOBS 🚗🤖👩💻 Honda Canada Foundation Announces $375,000 Partnership With FIRST Robotics Canada
15-Mar-2023 04:36 PM
- Recognizing National Engineering Month with multi-year partnership to support FIRST Robotics Competitions and 30 school teams - Honda Canada Foundation (HCF) kicks off National Engineering Month by planting the STEM seeds for another generation, contributing $375,000 over three years to FIRST Robotics Canada. HCF's program sponsorship will ...
ONTARIO JOBS 👷 Skills Ontario Applauds Provincial Government in New Mandatory High School Graduation Requirement to Increase Interest in the Skilled Trades
15-Mar-2023 02:27 PM
Skills Ontario celebrates progress as a new provincial initiative will expose more youth, including more young women and girls, to careers in the skilled trades and technologies. Starting September 2024, Ontario has announced all students entering high school will now be required to earn a Grade 9 or 10 Technological Education credit as part of ...
JOBS 💻 The Impacts of Hybrid Work on IT, Technology, and Employees Detailed in New "State of Hybrid Work in IT" Report From Info-Tech Research Group
15-Mar-2023 12:00 PM
- In the world of hybrid work, IT must balance commitments to both the organization and its employees for it to be effective - Over the past three years, hybrid work has been catapulted to the forefront of strategic organizational decision making, with organizations across various industries continuing to offer some form of long-term hybrid or ...
JOBS ⚕️💚 Improving Employee Wellbeing Factors Can Enhance Company Performance By at Least 11 Percent, Up to 55 Percent, According to Global Aon Survey
15-Mar-2023 10:13 AM
- Organizations increasingly prioritizing wellbeing programs - Aon plc, a leading global professional services firm, today published its 2022-2023 Global Wellbeing Survey, which – among other key findings – shows that improving employee wellbeing factors can enhance company performance by at l ... ...
ONTARIO 🏘️ Canada And Ontario Open Over 70 New Affordable Homes in London
15-Mar-2023 08:00 AM
Peter Fragiskatos, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of National Revenue and Member of Parliament for London North Centre, on behalf of the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Housing and Diversity and Inclusion, alongside Arielle Kayabaga, Member of Parliament for London West, Matt Feldberg, Director of Municipal Housing Development, ...
TAX TIP Thinking of Calling Us? Before You Do, Find The Answers You Need for Tax-Filing Season!
14-Mar-2023 08:20 PM
Every year, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) tracks the questions people ask us and use that information to design new services and improve our processes. We want to offer you the best service possible, so you can easily access the tax and benefit information you need. Before calling us, use the tips below to save time this tax season! You might be ...
🍽️ The Future of Dining: Tracking the Trailblazers in the Restaurant Industry
14-Mar-2023 06:33 PM
- Brizo Data Announces the 2023 Restaurant Technology Landscape - Brizo Data is excited to share the 2023 Restaurant Technology Landscape, providing an unparalleled visualization of the key restaurant technology companies that are driving innovation in the foodservice industry. Brizo FoodMetrics, the company's flagship market analytics platform, ...
👮♂️ Government Taking Action on Gun Crime in Durham Region With up to $4.3 Million for Prevention Programs
14-Mar-2023 04:21 PM
People in Durham Region and communities across Canada deserve to feel safe in their communities. That's why the Government of Canada is taking action with a comprehensive plan that gets guns off our streets and puts more resources into our communities. An important element of this work is stopping violence before it starts, which is why the ...
🦖 Jurassic Quest, North America's Biggest Dinosaur Event, Returns to Canada in April 2023
14-Mar-2023 02:25 PM
- Walk among the dinosaurs when the continent's can't-miss dinosaur adventure begins its migration in Western Canada - The largest and most realistic dinosaur exhibit in North America is BACK and BETTER than EVER! Our herd of photorealistic dinosaurs are ready to delight families across the country when Jurassic Quest® launches its biggest ...
FRAUD Can you Spot a Scam? New Visa Study Finds a Third of Canadians Have Fallen for Fraud More Than Once
14-Mar-2023 12:00 PM
- This Fraud Prevention Month, Visa shares the most common language and terms used by fraudsters to lure Canadian consumers. - Canadians are transacting digitally more than ever before. Quick, frictionless, real-time payments have created many benefits for consumers, but this has also created a wider landscape for fraudsters (also known as ...
FRAUD Fraud Prevention Month 2023: Fraud Losses in Canada Reach Another Historic Level
14-Mar-2023 11:44 AM
In the past decade, technology has completely transformed the criminal landscape, making fraud easier to commit, more widespread, and more sophisticated than ever before. In 2022, the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre (CAFC) received fraud and cybercrime reports totalling a staggering $530 million in victim losses. Nearly a 40 per cent increase from the ...
TORONTO 🏆 Call for Submissions for the 2023 Toronto Urban Design Awards Now Open
14-Mar-2023 10:23 AM
- Call for submissions for the 2023 Toronto Urban Design Awards now open - The Toronto Urban Design Awards, held by the City of Toronto every second year, recognize achievements in urban design, architecture and landscape architecture. Designers, developers, project owners, community groups, design students and others are invited to enter eligible ...
One Year After Ukraine Conflict Began, Samaritan's Purse Continues Meeting Critical Needs
13-Mar-2023 08:22 PM
- More than 8 million people received aid through Christian disaster relief organization - Samaritan's Purse deployed disaster response specialists to Ukraine less than 24 hours after the conflict began last year. Now, the Christian disaster relief organization is still hard at work in the country—adapting its response as the needs have changed in ...
ONTARIO JOBS Ontario Tightening Rules Around Mass Layoffs
13-Mar-2023 06:26 PM
- Proposed changes would protect remote and precarious workers - The Ontario government is working for workers by proposing updates to employment laws that would respond to more workers being remote and a changing economy. Under the proposed changes, employees who work solely from home would be eligible for the same enhanced notice as "in-office" ...
🚗🔌 Got EV Charging Questions? EnerSavings has Answers
13-Mar-2023 04:04 PM
With the proliferation of EVs, comes a raft of questions from potential consumers about the electrification of the automotive sector, and the inevitable shift from gasoline-powered internal combustion engines to batteries. EnerSavings experts have been fielding — an answering — a raft of questions from curious tire kickers. How long does it ...