2020 Canadian International AutoShow. 'Transformative Times' Walkthroug
Friday, 21 February 2020 08:00.AM
'Transformative Times' is the theme for the 2020 Canadian International Autoshow, Canada's largest consumer show, attracting more than 350,000 visitors annually. The AutoShow features over 1,000 cars, trucks, SUVs, concept cars, exotics, classics, supercars, muscle cars, fully electric and autonomous vehicles each year.
Like the industry it showcases annually at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, the AutoShow is viewing this theme through a multi-faceted lens. Without question, the ongoing progression of new technology is changing cars and the way we drive; but this theme is also about the consumer experience in buying a car and the excitement that is building in the automotive industry. The connectivity in the auto industry is not just between the driver and the car. We live in an age where cars are communicating with other cars, and peers are connecting with peers.
“What we are experiencing now is a complete disruption in the technology and approach of the automotive industry,” says David McClean, Director of Marketing at the Canadian International AutoShow. “The auto industry is changing. The auto industry is evolving. These are transformative times.”
The three main pillars of this yesr Autoshow that illustrate the transformation taking place in the automotive sector:
Technology is Changing — Automotive tech has been changing in leaps and bounds. From safety features to predictive and entertainment technologies, today’s cars bear little resemblance to what we were driving just a decade ago, never mind a generation ago. This isn’t slowing down, especially as we enter the next “always on” phase of 5G connectivity.
Our Relationship with our Car is Evolving — We used to be known as car owners, and we talked about car ownership. But today, what are we when we get behind the wheel? Have we become users? Drivers? Operators? With the proliferation of ride hailing and ride sharing, how do we define our relationship with the car?
The Auto Industry is as Unique as our Lifestyle— The auto industry has always been good at identifying the next trend and catering to the next batch of drivers. What does Gen Z have in store? Is it the earth-conscious fully electric, a hybrid or a gas-sipping car? Millennials love going straight from work to their favourite outdoor activity — and to satisfy that want we have seen strong growth of crossover vehicles.
Within the Transformative Times theme, the 2020 AutoShow sees the return of fan favourites like Auto Exotica and classics from Cobble Beach Concours d’Elegance and special features showcasing the Canadian Motorsport Hall of Fame and the Canadian military.
“There has never been more change in the auto industry than there has been in the last 12 months,” says McClean. “At the AutoShow, we are the complete 360-degree view of all things automotive. We mean it when we say that this is The Total Automotive Experience. Our passion never stops, as we curate the best content and work with valued partners to build a uniquely Canadian automotive extravaganza.”
- 29-Feb-2020 08:53 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Welcome to the Future of Driving Special Tour
- 29-Feb-2020 08:50 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Welcome to the Future of Driving Special Tour (4K, images)
- 26-Feb-2020 09:58 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. BMW Performance and Electrification (4K, images)
- 25-Feb-2020 10:00 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. BMW Performance and Electrification
- 24-Feb-2020 12:16 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Make Time For Amazing With Lexus (4K, images)
- 24-Feb-2020 12:00 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Make Time For Amazing With Lexus
- 23-Feb-2020 10:15 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. MINI John Cooper Most Powerful Models
- 23-Feb-2020 08:00 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. MINI John Cooper Most Powerful Models
- 22-Feb-2020 04:46 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. TOYOTA Electrified (4K, images)
- 22-Feb-2020 12:00 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. TOYOTA Electrified