Need a lift? CN Tower to welcome guests back starting July 15, 2020
Thursday, June 25, 2020 10:22:00 AM
- The CN Tower announced it will welcome guests back to the CN Tower observation levels starting July 15, 2020. -
Like every business, the CN Tower has unique challenges and has determined its opening date to allow for the implementation of the safety measures required.
"The health and safety of our staff and guests is our top priority," said Peter George, COO of the CN Tower. "We are working to ensure every measure is in place to meet or exceed public health guidelines and provide a safe, comfortable, uplifting and exhilarating experience for everyone." Timed tickets will go on sale online July 1 on the CN Tower's website, www.cntower.ca.
In order to meet or exceed the recommendations of public health authorities and the Government of Ontario, the CN Tower has assessed the building from bottom to top and made adjustments to ensure physical distancing is achieved throughout the building and guest experience. The guest flow, including elevator capacity, has been reimagined to avoid bottlenecks anywhere they might occur.
Among the measures we have taken are:
- Cleaned, disinfecting and treatment of our entire facility, including public and staff-only areas as well as our ventilation systems, with anti-microbial shield
- Conducted enhanced cleaning and disinfection of high-frequency touchpoints, using electrostatic disinfectant spray system, as well as hand disinfecting of high-touch and difficult-to-clean areas
- On an ongoing basis, we have introduced a dramatically enhanced cleaning and sanitization regimen
- Reconfigured or eliminated queuing to allow for physical distancing
- Installed floor decals and signage throughout the building and property to reinforce physical distancing
- Reduced overall capacity
- Moved to timed ticketing only
- Implemented a policy that mandates wearing a mask or face covering for everyone entering the building
Timed tickets for the reopening of the CN Tower go on sale online July 1. Visit www.cntower.ca for updates and to book tickets.
SOURCE: CN Tower