The Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD) Responds to the Crisis in Ukraine
Thursday, 10 March 2022 08:00.AM
The military invasion of Ukraine is an attack on our fundamental principles of freedom, democracy and self-determination. This egregious violation of international rules requires us all to act in a demonstration of solidarity.
The ICD is therefore calling on all Canadian boards to re-evaluate their organization's involvement in Russian companies. Directors should also reconsider their investment strategies as well as their operations in Russia and engage with stakeholders in respect of such strategic moves.
Rahul Bhardwaj, ICD President and CEO: "We believe that Canadian directors will feel compelled to take a courageous stand to uphold these principles, which represent fundamental Canadian values of freedom and democracy. We encourage Boards to take into consideration their unique circumstances and strategy and act swiftly and decisively in the best interests of all stakeholders."
The ICD Board of Directors is in full support of this statement.
"This is a critical time for all leaders to take a stance with respect to core values and principles," said Linda Hohol, Chair, ICD Board of Directors.
SOURCE: Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD)
- 30-May-2023 06:11 PM CANSEC 2023 to Feature Defence News, Military Support to Ukraine
- 29-May-2023 08:00 AM Prime Minister Announces New Sanctions in Support of Ukraine and Funding for Nuclear Safety and Security
- 28-Mar-2023 08:00 AM Minister of Transport Announces Funding for Research to Support the Rebuilding of More Sustainable Transport Infrastructure
- 22-Mar-2023 04:18 PM Canada Extends Support for Those Fleeing Russia's Illegal and Unjustifiable Invasion of Ukraine
- 13-Mar-2023 08:22 PM One Year After Ukraine Conflict Began, Samaritan's Purse Continues Meeting Critical Needs
- 12-Mar-2023 10:23 AM 💵 Hudson's Bay Foundation Donates $25,000 to Canadian Red Cross to Support Turkey and Syria Humanitarian Crisis
- 28-Feb-2023 12:00 PM 💵 More Than 8 Million People Received Aid Through Christian Disaster Relief Organization
- 24-Feb-2023 03:27 PM Supporting Ukraine for As Long As it Takes
- 31-Jan-2023 08:00 AM 🎓 Anderson College Launches "Empower Ukrainians in Canada" Campaign
- 30-Jan-2023 02:27 PM Ukrainians Who Documented Siege Of Mariupol To Receive CJFE International Press Freedom Award