TIU Canada Donates Generators & Humanitarian Aid to Ukraine
Wednesday, 02 November 2022 02:33.PM
TIU Canada, a leading solar energy producer in Ukraine, is donating generators to Ukrainians affected by the electricity blackouts. These fuel operated generators will provide electricity to Ukrainian families in Nikopol and other cities affected by the war. Company CEO Michael Yurkovich said, "At TIU Canada we produce electricity on a large scale, and while our solar stations continue operating during the war, the attacks on the energy infrastructure are sometimes preventing our electricity from getting to the people. That is why the best way to help Ukrainians now is to fill the gap by providing small generators to produce electricity". The generators are being delivered to reliable NGO partners.
In addition, TIU Canada will be donating supplies to Ukrainians in need, including hundreds of flashlights, sleeping mats, and post operative medical kits. These humanitarian and medical supplies are being shipped to Ukraine and will arrive this month. The donations are part of TIU Canada's ongoing corporate social responsibility efforts in the communities where it works.
"We believe in Ukraine and that is why we are providing this support now when the country is in need. We are also supportive of the Canadian government's efforts to help Ukraine including the recent announcement by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau that the government is providing $55 million to assist with winterization needs. Our efforts will complement that Canadian government efforts at the local level" said Yurkovich.
TIU Canada is owned by the Calgary based Refraction Fund 1 and has been working in Ukraine since 2016. The company currently operates 54 megawatts of electricity production in three solar stations. TIU Canada has invested more than $65 million USD in Ukrainian solar energy and was the first investor in Ukraine under the Canadian Ukrainian Free Trade Agreement (CUFTA).
SOURCE: TIU Canada
- 31-Jan-2023 08:00 AM 🎓 Anderson College Launches "Empower Ukrainians in Canada" Campaign
- 30-Jan-2023 02:27 PM Ukrainians Who Documented Siege Of Mariupol To Receive CJFE International Press Freedom Award
- 15-Dec-2022 06:26 PM At COP15, Canada And Ukraine Commit To Working Together On Environmental Protection And Climate Action
- 22-Nov-2022 02:33 PM Australian Will Support Ukrainian Scientists
- 19-Nov-2022 09:00 PM Statement - 2022 Leaders' Declaration
- 29-Aug-2022 02:13 PM Canada Supporting Humanitarian Relief Efforts in Ukraine
- 24-Aug-2022 12:34 PM Statement by the Prime Minister on Ukrainian Independence Day
- 23-Aug-2022 12:00 PM Prime Minister Announces Additional Support For Ukraine
- 07-Aug-2022 12:00 PM M/V Riva Wind and M/V Arizona Both Sail from Ukraine with 105,000 Tons of Grain
- 29-Jul-2022 04:33 PM City Of Toronto Donating Four Vehicles To Aid Ukraine