💵 More Than 8 Million People Received Aid Through Christian Disaster Relief Organization
Tuesday, 28 February 2023 12:00.PM
- More than 8 million people received aid through Christian disaster relief organization -
Samaritan's Purse deployed disaster response specialists to Ukraine less than 24 hours after the conflict began last year. Now, the Christian disaster relief organization is still hard at work in the country—adapting its response as the needs have changed in order to provide life-saving support and hope in the midst of the crisis.
Samaritan's Purse has already distributed more than 135 million pounds of food through partnership with local churches, and this work is ongoing. Brave church partners are delivering food and other urgently needed supplies deep within the conflict zone. Disaster response specialists also drilled 20 wells and installed water filters, producing more than 42 million liters of clean water to date to help alleviate the suffering of Ukrainian families.
"Millions of Ukrainians are still suffering a year after the conflict began. Their needs are more severe each day as they struggle to have enough food and basic necessities," said Franklin Graham, president of Samaritan's Purse.
"Samaritan's Purse is committed to helping Ukraine. We established a country office there, and our team is working hard to bring relief in Jesus' Name. Please join me in praying for peace in Ukraine and that the people we are serving will know that God loves them and has not forgotten them in this dark time."
Samaritan's Purse initially focused on medical care—operating multiple Emergency Field Hospitals and outpatient clinics at strategic locations to aid families transiting through the country. More than 23,000 patient visits and 250 surgeries were completed. Now, Samaritan's Purse is providing food, clean water, wood stoves, and other emergency relief supplies to help families survive the bitter-cold winter months.
Samaritan's Purse airlifted almost 1,000 tons of emergency relief supplies to Ukraine—including multiple Emergency Field Hospitals, hygiene kits, blankets, tarps, water filters and other relief supplies— on 42 missions. More than 650 Disaster Assistance Response Team members deployed to the region. Doctors, nurses, engineers, logisticians, and other specialties made this life-saving work possible.
To support Samaritan's Purse's disaster relief efforts, please visit SamaritansPurse.ca (click on "Donate") or call 1-800-663-6500.
SOURCE: Samaritan's Purse Canada
- 22-Sep-2023 08:37 PM Statement from the Governor General on the Visit to Canada by His Excellency Volodymyr Zelenskyy, President of Ukraine, and
- 22-Sep-2023 06:41 PM Ukrainian delegation visits Canada's centre of excellence on mental health conditions for military Veterans and their Famil
- 22-Sep-2023 04:33 PM Canada reaffirms our unwavering support for Ukraine for as long as it takes
- 22-Sep-2023 08:00 AM President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy to Visit Canada
- 28-Jul-2023 08:00 AM Canada Launches Pathway to Reunite Families and Support Ukrainians
- 12-Jul-2023 12:00 PM Prime Minister Announces Additional Measures to Support Ukraine and Strengthen Transatlantic Security at NATO Summit
- 12-Jul-2023 10:18 AM Alectra Provides $50,000 to Assist in Ukrainian Electricity Grid Restoration Efforts
- 10-Jun-2023 02:15 PM Ukraine and Canada Joint Declaration
- 30-May-2023 06:11 PM CANSEC 2023 to Feature Defence News, Military Support to Ukraine
- 29-May-2023 08:00 AM Prime Minister Announces New Sanctions in Support of Ukraine and Funding for Nuclear Safety and Security