2017 Toronto AutoShow. Infiniti Qx50 Concept
Saturday, February 25, 2017 10:00:00 PM
INFINITI QX50 CONCEPT Debuts at The Canadian International AutoShow
• New QX50 Concept makes Canadian debut, showcasing INFINITI design language in crossover form
• QX50 Concept demonstrates a potential application for INFINITI's production-ready VC-Turbo variable compression ratio engine
• INFINITI's latest concept lights a path to the future integration of the brand's autonomous drive support technologies
(Infinity Canada, Mississauga, Ont., February 16, 2017) – The new QX50 Concept made its national premiere at the 2017 Canadian International Auto Show (CIAS) in Toronto, showcasing INFINITI's vision for a next-generation mid-size premium crossover. Also on display at the INFINITI booth is a vehicle complementing the CIAS’ special exhibit showcasing 50 years of Formula OneTM in Canada - a Renault Sports Formula OneTM race car.
The QX50 Concept showcases INFINTI’s «Powerful Elegance» design language with unique interior and exterior features including a driver assist system previewing the development of autonomous driving support technologies, double-arch grille, a masculine body sculpture, and a potential application for the award-winning VC-Turbo engine. Influenced by the INFINITI QX Sports Inspiration design, the QX50 Concept articulates its crossover purpose through proportional clarity, clearly telegraphing its power and dynamic capabilities.
«The QX50 is the most emotional design execution ever applied to an INFINITI crossover, combining outstanding performance with state-of-the-art technology and a daring design,» said Stephen Lester, managing director, INFINITI Canada. «INFINITI has offered Canadians benchmark-setting vehicles in the crossover segment for almost 15 years, and we are thrilled to show CIAS visitors the brand’s future offering in the fastest-growing segment globally.»
About the INFINITI QX50 Concept
The QX50 Concept illustrates a potential application for INFINITI's advanced Variable Compression Turbo (VC-Turbo) engine, offering drivers a powertrain that adapts to offer both power and efficiency.
The organic forms of the «driver-centric, passenger-minded» cabin harmonise with the exterior. Blending progressive design with elevated levels of modern craftsmanship, the QX50 Concept's interior reflects INFINITI's desire to challenge conventional approaches to premium interior design.
INFINITI's QX50 Concept's driver assist system is part of the company's development of autonomous drive support technologies. Central to the strategy for the development of all future autonomous drive support systems is that they should ensure the driver retains control over their vehicle – in keeping with INFINITI's focus on driver engagement.
In the future, INFINITI's autonomous drive technologies will continue to make driving less stressful, – such as navigating stop-start traffic on the highway or keeping track of the positions of surrounding vehicles.
Since its inception in 1989, INFINITI has brought a number of pioneering driver-assistive technologies to the customer. The company has been responsible for a series of world-first semi-autonomous technologies, including Predictive Forward Collision Warning, drive-by-wire Direct Adaptive Steering® and Active Lane Control.
- 29-Feb-2020 08:53 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Welcome to the Future of Driving Special Tour
- 29-Feb-2020 08:50 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Welcome to the Future of Driving Special Tour (4K, images)
- 26-Feb-2020 09:58 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. BMW Performance and Electrification (4K, images)
- 25-Feb-2020 10:00 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. BMW Performance and Electrification
- 24-Feb-2020 12:16 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Make Time For Amazing With Lexus (4K, images)
- 24-Feb-2020 12:00 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Make Time For Amazing With Lexus
- 23-Feb-2020 10:15 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. MINI John Cooper Most Powerful Models
- 23-Feb-2020 08:00 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. MINI John Cooper Most Powerful Models
- 22-Feb-2020 04:46 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. TOYOTA Electrified (4K, images)
- 22-Feb-2020 12:00 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. TOYOTA Electrified