2018 Autoshow Toronto. Lamborghini Urus Debut
Wednesday, February 14, 2018 5:00:00 AM
Lamborghini Debuts All-New Urus Super Sport Utility Vehicle in Canada
(Lamborghini, Toronto, February 14, 2018) – The Lamborghini Urus, the world’s first Super Sports Utility Vehicle, made its Canadian debut in the heart of Toronto, Ontario, preceding the 2018 Canadian International AutoShow.
More than 300 guests attended the private preview of Lamborghini’s new Super SUV held at the Design Exchange in Old Toronto. The passion of Lamborghini’s heritage was fueled throughout the evening, especially with the presence of the marque’s first SUV, the LM002.
Ahead of the event, Automobili Lamborghini America COO Alessandro Farmeschi said: “The arrival of the Urus marks a new chapter for Lamborghini. The performance and versatility are unparalleled and provide a new perspective for our growing brand. We look forward to the first deliveries of the Urus to our Canadian clients this year.”
With 1,306 cars delivered to customers across North America, 2017 marked another record year for Lamborghini sales in North America with a sharp increase in sales across Canada for six consecutive years. The launch of the Urus is expected to substantially increase the company’s production capacity, doubling it to 7,000 units a year worldwide.
Drivers of all types, ranging from performance enthusiasts to those who revel in luxurious design, will find the Urus a breathtaking alternative to the current SUV market. Equipped with 4WD and up to six different driving modes, plus customizable EGO mode, the Urus ensures comfortable daily usability along with heart-racing dynamics. Especially capable in off-road conditions, Urus provides optimal engine responsiveness, comfort and efficiency under all driving conditions and in any kind of terrain.
The Urus features a 4.0-liter V8 twin-turbo engine delivering 650 cv at 6,000 rpm. With 162.7 hp per liter, the Urus claims one of the highest specific power outputs in its class and the best weight-to-power ratio at 3.38 kg/hp. The Urus can accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 3.6 seconds. With a top speed of 305 km/h, it is the fastest SUV available.
Customers will begin taking delivery of the new Lamborghini Urus across Canada this summer at a suggested retail price of CAD $232,000 (taxes excluded).
- 29-Feb-2020 08:53 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Welcome to the Future of Driving Special Tour
- 29-Feb-2020 08:50 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Welcome to the Future of Driving Special Tour (4K, images)
- 26-Feb-2020 09:58 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. BMW Performance and Electrification (4K, images)
- 25-Feb-2020 10:00 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. BMW Performance and Electrification
- 24-Feb-2020 12:16 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Make Time For Amazing With Lexus (4K, images)
- 24-Feb-2020 12:00 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Make Time For Amazing With Lexus
- 23-Feb-2020 10:15 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. MINI John Cooper Most Powerful Models
- 23-Feb-2020 08:00 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. MINI John Cooper Most Powerful Models
- 22-Feb-2020 04:46 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. TOYOTA Electrified (4K, images)
- 22-Feb-2020 12:00 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. TOYOTA Electrified