2018 Autoshow Toronto. Koenigsegg Agera RS Debut
Friday, February 16, 2018 5:00:00 AM
(Canadian International AutoShow, February 2018) - Koeningsegg AB CEO Christian von Koenigsegg kicked off Media Preview Day at the 2018 Canadian International AutoShow (Feb. 16-25) this morning by unveiling the Koenigsegg Agera RS, which made its Canadian debut.
“The growth of Koenigsegg Automotive (he founded the company in 1994) is a source of inspiration for many, not just my family and our employees in Sweden,” said Christian von Koenigsegg.
Following the Koenigsegg’s unveiling, the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC) named its Canadian Car of the Year and Canadian Utility Vehicle of the Year winners.
The Agera RS was recently named the world’s fastest production car with an official clocking of 457.94 km/h.
About coming to the Canadian International AutoShow, he added: “It is truly a pleasure for our company to make our Canadian debut this year, to share this wonderful car with our enthusiast community.
"Thanks to our partners at Weissach Performance (the exclusive Canadian distributors for Koenigsegg), our first Canada-bound vehicles are nearing delivery and we look forward to seeing the first Koenigseggs on Canadian roads in the very near future.”
On Nov. 4, 2017, Koenigsegg AB took the Agera RS to the Nevada desert and smashed five existing production car speed records to smithereens. The new marks set that day include:
• The highest top speed achieved by a production vehicle (two-way average) - 447.19 km/h (277.87 miles an hour);
• Zero to 400 km/h - 33.29 seconds;
• Flying kilometre on a public road (two-ay average) - 445.63 km/h (276.9 mph);
• Flying mile on a public road (two-way average) - 444.76 km/h (276.36 mph);
• Highest speed achieved on a public road (single direction) - 457.94 km/h (284.55 mph).
Said AutoShow General Manager Jason Campbell: “We’re very pleased that Koenigsegg have chosen to present this special record-setting car at the Canadian International AutoShow, and welcome Christian to share his remarkable story about a small brand challenging and beating the world’s automotive heavyweights. It marks a trend we’re seeing for rare exotic supercars like the Agera RS to seek a prominent role in our Show’s opening day activities – one that makes sense given Toronto’s international profile and status as the fourth largest consumer market in North America.”
The Koenigsegg Agera RS follows on from Aston Martin’s North American reveal of their Valkyrie Supercar concept to lead-off 2017’s media day activities, and Ford’s presentation of their GT Supercar to open media day in 2015.
The Koenigsegg Agera RS’ world record run was recently hailed by the Wall Street Journal as ‘The most memorable automotive story of 2017’, and Canadian AutoShow attendees will be able to see the actual record setting car on display for the duration of the Show in Auto Exotica on the 100 Level of the convention centre’s North Building from February 16th to 25th.
- 29-Feb-2020 08:53 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Welcome to the Future of Driving Special Tour
- 29-Feb-2020 08:50 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Welcome to the Future of Driving Special Tour (4K, images)
- 26-Feb-2020 09:58 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. BMW Performance and Electrification (4K, images)
- 25-Feb-2020 10:00 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. BMW Performance and Electrification
- 24-Feb-2020 12:16 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Make Time For Amazing With Lexus (4K, images)
- 24-Feb-2020 12:00 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Make Time For Amazing With Lexus
- 23-Feb-2020 10:15 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. MINI John Cooper Most Powerful Models
- 23-Feb-2020 08:00 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. MINI John Cooper Most Powerful Models
- 22-Feb-2020 04:46 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. TOYOTA Electrified (4K, images)
- 22-Feb-2020 12:00 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. TOYOTA Electrified