2018 Autoshow Toronto. 2018 Volkswagen Passat GT Concept Debut
Thursday, February 22, 2018 11:01:00 PM
Volkswagen Canada Welcomes Sporty 2018 Passat GT at the Canadian International Auto Show
- GT combines the powerful VR6® engine with a lowered suspension and
design enhancements to create the most aggressive looking Passat yet
- Limited-run model adds more than 20 sporty interior and exterior enhancements to Passat
- 3.6-liter VR6 engine is paired with a lowered suspension and sport exhaust
- Designed at Volkswagen’s Engineering and Planning Center in Chattanooga, Tenn.
(Volkswagen Canada, February 2018) – On February 15, 2018, Volkswagen Canada debuted the 2018 Passat GT special model at the Canadian International Auto Show. The car was designed by the company’s North American engineering hub in Chattanooga, Tennessee, based on extensive feedback from customers and dealers.
The Passat GT joins the Passat lineup for model year 2018 as a limited-run special model and will be available in four exterior colors—Pure White, Reflex Silver, Platinum Grey, and Deep Black.
Starting at the front, Passat GT differentiates itself from standard Passat models with standard LED headlights and LED Daytime Running Lights (DRLs). It borrows the R-Line® bumper and adds a honeycomb grille, GT badge, and a red accent line, reminiscent of the high-performance Golf GTI. A sport suspension gives it a more planted stance and cements the aggressive look.
Moving around the side of the vehicle, the GT receives sporty touches from top to bottom. A black roof is complimented by black mirror caps and black window and door trim. Two-tone 19-inch “Tornado” wheels are accentuated with red-painted brake calipers, another nod to Volkswagen’s performance heritage.
At the back, the Passat GT’s accents continue with blackened LED taillights. The rear fascia also includes black bumper trim and a dual exhaust with an acoustic enhancement package.
Inside, the GT features piano black center console and vent trim, carbon fiber optic décor, black headliner, and aluminum GT-badged sills. Seating surfaces are black leatherette with Moonrock Grey inserts and contrast stitching. Standard interior comfort features include: a leather-wrapped steering wheel, 8-waypower driver’s seat, heated front seats, dual-zone Climatronic® automatic climate control, and heated side mirrors.
To keep passengers connected, the Passat GT features a Composition Media infotainment unit with 6.3-inch capacitive touchscreen display and standard Bluetooth® for compatible devices, Voice Control, and App-Connect technology that offers compatible smartphone integration with the three major platforms—Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™ and MirrorLink®. GT models feature two USB ports—one in the center console and one in the rear seat console. SiriusXM® Satellite Radio is standard and includes a three-month trial.
The new Passat GT will be powered by Volkswagen’s 3.6-liter VR6® engine, making it a true sport sedan. Producing an impressive 280 horsepower at 6,200 rpm and 258 lb-ft of torque at 2,500 rpm with regular fuel. Shifting is handled by a standard six-speed DSG® automatic transmission with Tiptronic®, which features steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters.
The 2018 Passat GT is expected to arrive at Volkswagen dealers in the second quarter of 2018 and will be priced at $33,795.
- 29-Feb-2020 08:53 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Welcome to the Future of Driving Special Tour
- 29-Feb-2020 08:50 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Welcome to the Future of Driving Special Tour (4K, images)
- 26-Feb-2020 09:58 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. BMW Performance and Electrification (4K, images)
- 25-Feb-2020 10:00 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. BMW Performance and Electrification
- 24-Feb-2020 12:16 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Make Time For Amazing With Lexus (4K, images)
- 24-Feb-2020 12:00 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Make Time For Amazing With Lexus
- 23-Feb-2020 10:15 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. MINI John Cooper Most Powerful Models
- 23-Feb-2020 08:00 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. MINI John Cooper Most Powerful Models
- 22-Feb-2020 04:46 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. TOYOTA Electrified (4K, images)
- 22-Feb-2020 12:00 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. TOYOTA Electrified