2018 Autoshow Toronto. All-new 2019 Volkswagen Arteon Debut
Thursday, February 22, 2018 10:01:00 PM
(Volkswagen Canada, February, 2018) - All-new 2019 Volkswagen Arteon Makes Canadian Debut
The all-new flagship of Volkswagen Canada
- Arteon is based off the award-winning MQB architecture
- Arteon features a wide, planted stance, short overhangs, and sleek coupe-like design
- Upscale interior features premium materials and modern design
- 268 hp 2.0-liter TSI® engine is paired with a standard eight-speed automatic transmission and 4MOTION® all-wheel drive
- Standard features include: 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, full LED headlights, Front Assist, Side Assist with Rear Traffic Alert, and DCC® adaptive damping
- Available premium features include: Volkswagen Digital Cockpit, ambient lighting, panoramic sunroof, massaging driver’s seat, and Dynaudio® premium audio
- Available driver assistance technology includes: Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go, Lane Assist, Light Assist, Park Distance Control, Park Assist, and Area View
On February 15, 2018, Volkswagen Canada unveiled the all-new 2019 Arteon at the Canadian International Auto Show. Based off the award-winning MQB platform, the newest Volkswagen flagship offers a sleek fastback design, an upscale interior, innovative technology, and 4MOTION® all-wheel drive.
The Arteon presents a more cab-backward design, giving it a completely different look than the outgoing CC. Arteon’s wheelbase is more than 5 inches longer than the CC—111.9 inches compared to 106.7 inches—and is paired with shorter overhangs for more dynamic proportions. Overall, the Arteon is longer and wider as well, translating into a more spacious and comfortable interior.
The exterior design immediately sets Arteon apart from its competitors. A true fastback, it harkens more to luxury models with its wide, planted stance and sloping rear roofline. Arteon’s sleek lines are accentuated by standard LED headlights and taillights, a wide chrome grille and frameless side windows. Dual trapezoidal exhaust tips, chrome window surrounds and a rear decklid spoiler all add to the premium feel. Arteon rides on standard 18-inch Almere aluminum-alloy wheels, with available 20-inch Rosario wheels.
Arteon’s refined interior combines high-tech features with everyday usability. Premium materials throughout and trapezoidal design elements give the vehicle an upscale, yet modern feel. The 2019 Arteon sports heated and ventilated front seats, massaging driver’s seat, driver memory, Nappa leather seating surfaces, and heated rear seats.
Standard features include KESSY keyless access and push-button start, 3-zone Climatronic® automatic climate control, and an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Volkswagen App-Connect technology that offers compatible smartphone integration with the three major platforms—Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™ and MirrorLink®.
The Volkswagen Digital Cockpit presents drivers a reconfigurable display of key data and the ability to position navigation data front and center for easy viewing. Other features include Dynaudio® premium audio; a panoramic sunroof; and a power liftgate with Easy Open and Close, which allows drivers to walk up to the vehicle with keys in a pocket or purse and simply kick a foot under the rear bumper to pop the trunklid—closing the trunk only requires the touch of a button.
The Arteon’s technology offerings extend beyond the cabin to include a comprehensive suite of available driver assistance technology. A rearview camera is standard, along with Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking (Front Assist), and Side Assist with Rear Traffic Alert. Available driver assistance features include: Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Stop and Go; active Lane Departure Warning (Lane Assist); High Beam Control (Light Assist); Parking
Steering Assistant (Park Assist) including Park Distance Control; and Overhead View Camera (Area View).
In addition, the 2019 Arteon offers a combination of both passive and active safety systems that are engineered to meet or exceed current crash regulations. These systems include the class-exclusive Automatic Post-Collision Braking System and a reactive hood.
The new Arteon will be powered by Volkswagen’s 2.0-liter turbocharged and directinjection TSI® engine, making 268 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. The power is transfered via a standard eight-speed automatic transmission coupled with 4MOTION® all-wheel drive. Arteon features a standard DCC® adaptive damping system, which manages the suspension’s rebound and compression rates individually, helping to improve vehicle dynamics, and a standard Start-Stop system designed to help improve fuel efficiency.
The 2019 Volkswagen Arteon will be available later in the year with pricing to be announced.
- 29-Feb-2020 08:53 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Welcome to the Future of Driving Special Tour
- 29-Feb-2020 08:50 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Welcome to the Future of Driving Special Tour (4K, images)
- 26-Feb-2020 09:58 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. BMW Performance and Electrification (4K, images)
- 25-Feb-2020 10:00 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. BMW Performance and Electrification
- 24-Feb-2020 12:16 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Make Time For Amazing With Lexus (4K, images)
- 24-Feb-2020 12:00 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. Make Time For Amazing With Lexus
- 23-Feb-2020 10:15 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. MINI John Cooper Most Powerful Models
- 23-Feb-2020 08:00 AM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. MINI John Cooper Most Powerful Models
- 22-Feb-2020 04:46 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. TOYOTA Electrified (4K, images)
- 22-Feb-2020 12:00 PM 2020 Canadian International AutoShow. TOYOTA Electrified